Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Suspension help please. Axle off center w/ sway bar links being flexed out.

Quote Originally Posted by thardy View Post
    Read through this and see if any of it can help.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...ll=1#post42377

Also, if you get the measurements, and it's off, it pretty much means you have an issue with the track bar.
    I actually just came across that again thank you. I knew it was somewhere but I couldn't remember where I had seen it. I am definitely off because the passenger tire is poking out past the fender while the driver side is tucked inside it.
    - '04 TJ (Sold)
    - '07 JKU (Driving me slowly insane)

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    ^ Also just noticed. Did your RF bottom coil spring perch shift? It looks like the actual perch shifted from the photo. It may just be optical, but I just noticed that.
    Yes it definitely did its rubbing against the bump stop.
    - '04 TJ (Sold)

Suspension help please. Axle off center w/ sway bar links being flexed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel View Post
    I actually just came across that again thank you. I knew it was somewhere but I couldn't remember where I had seen it. I am definitely off because the passenger tire is poking out past the fender while the driver side is tucked inside it.
    So which side is pushed out? Here you say passenger, the picture of you measuring says driver side is pushed out. But the rest of the pictures look like the track bar is adjusted to long pushing it further to the passenger side. Good news is it would be hard to bend the track bar and make it longer so it's probably just adjusted out too much.

Edit I understand the measuring picture now. I thought you had that much gap between the flare and tire. Adjust the track bar.
    Last edited by Big b; 09-11-2015 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big b View Post
    So which side is pushed out? Here you say passenger, the picture of you measuring says driver side is pushed out. But the rest of the pictures look like the track bar is adjusted to long pushing it further to the passenger side. Good news is it would be hard to bend the track bar and make it longer so it's probably just adjusted out too much.

Edit I understand the measuring picture now. I thought you had that much gap between the flare and tire. Adjust the track bar.
    Sorry for the confusion. I took the photos at diff angles so it was a little confusing. If you are looking at the vehicle head on the passenger side wheel it pushed out towards the left past the fender. The driver side is push left inward and sits inside the fender. Going to read that write-up thoroughly and give it a shot tomorrow night after work.
    - '04 TJ (Sold)

Suspension help please. Axle off center w/ sway bar links being flexed out.

Sorry for the confusion. I took the photos at diff angles so it was a little confusing. If you are looking at the vehicle head on the passenger side wheel it pushed out towards the left past the fender. The driver side is push left inward and sits inside the fender. Going to read that write-up thoroughly and give it a shot tomorrow night after work.
    I'd say bent track bar if it was correct before you ripped your control arm mount off

Is it just me or is your drag link also bowed? Look at 6th photo from top (start counting from left to right). Could be optical distortion from the lens. IDK maybe throw a straight edge or level on it to check?

I had this happen to me, it was the track bar, it didn't look like it at first, but when I swapped it out, it was clearly bent. I had the bumpstops rubbing and shifted sway bar like you have here. Below is a shot of the slightly bent sway bar and the straight one I put inImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441976684.671875.jpg small difference but you an see it is shorter which caused the axle to shift

Quote Originally Posted by Stegertime View Post
    I had this happen to me, it was the track bar, it didn't look like it at first, but when I swapped it out, it was clearly bent. I had the bumpstops rubbing and shifted sway bar like you have here. Below is a shot of the slightly bent sway bar and the straight one I put inImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441976684.671875.jpg small difference but you an see it is shorter which caused the axle to shift
    To be clear, the Track bar is brand new. It was put on after I broke the old LCA mount off. When the new brackets were welded up the other day the new adjustable track bar and control arms were installed. I checked the stock one
    - '04 TJ (Sold)

To be clear, the Track bar is brand new. It was put on after I broke the old LCA mount off. When the new brackets were welded up the other day the new adjustable track bar and control arms were installed. I checked the stock one
    Then I'd assume you need to do some adjusting haha

Hooked
    You need to shorten up that trackbar homeslice. Measure the difference between the two sides than divide by two. Shorten it that much and that will center your axle. For example if your passenger side tire sticks out two inches more than the drivers side shorten the trackbar by one inch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast