Newbie from Colorado with a WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Newbie. First post. Tons of mods on my WJ. Am I allowed to list mods I have by manufacturer? Don't want to get in trouble. Rules seemed very strict. Webmaster said I should ask forum users what I can or can't do to get the hang of the forum. I did find the list of preferred vendors on the site though.

Robar

The Enforcer
Newbie. First post. Tons of mods on my WJ. Am I allowed to list mods I have by manufacturer? Don't want to get in trouble. Rules seemed very strict. Webmaster said I should ask forum users what I can or can't do to get the hang of the forum. I did find the list of preferred vendors on the site though.
I just took a look at the rules. Nothing seems to strict or tricky. Which one of the rules is "very strict"?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Hello, what exactly gave you the impression that you can't list your mods manufacturer? :thinking:

WJCO

Meme King
When I first signed up, the 'rules' were listed in much more detail than what I can find on the site now, and it was just really clear about not 'soliciting' any manufacturers other than paid advertisers from this site. It listed many times about that, so I just wanted to be careful. Since I've joined I've seen tons of manufacturer names in posts so I guess it's ok. I just wanted to be careful.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When I first signed up, the 'rules' were listed in much more detail than what I can find on the site now, and it was just really clear about not 'soliciting' any manufacturers other than paid advertisers from this site. It listed many times about that, so I just wanted to be careful.

Funny, here are the EXACT rules that you were required to agree to in order to become a member of my forum.

You understand that it is the policy of WAYALIFE.com to NOT allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, shops, Jeep related businesses, competing websites or for-profit publications to participate on WAYALIFE.com unless they are a supporting advertiser. You also understand that WAYALIFE.com considers soliciting to include the contacting of members though private messages and/or though email as well as a user name, signature and/or user profile that contains a business name, phone number, email address, website URL or direct link back to it. Non-profit organizations are required to obtain permission from the administrators prior to participating on WAYALIFE.com.

You agree NOT to hold WAYALIFE.com liable for anything stated within the forums. Messages posted on this forum are the sole opinion and responsibility of the poster. WAYALIFE.com makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained within the forums.

You understand that WAYALIFE.com reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to monitor transactions and communications that occur on this forums. All on site private discussions (Private Messaging) with moderators/administrators related to forum policy/actions may be shared with administrators if necessary.

You understand that WAYALIFE.com is a privately owned website and that your ability to become a member here is a privilege and not a right. You also understand that the owners of WAYALIFE.com reserves the right to terminate my account, remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason and without any prior notice.

You understand that you are granting WAYALIFE.com with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

You understand that registering under more than one username is prohibited.

You understand that the owners of WAYALIFE.com reserves the unconditional right to make changes to any and all forum Rules and/or Guidelines (including those created for special events and/or giveaways) at any time and without any prior notice.

You understand that it is your responsibility to be familiar with and remain updated with current WAYALIFE.com Rules and Guidelines. All users of WAYALIFE.com must comply with these guidelines. Infractions of any Rules or Guideline may result in revocation of forum privileges.

You understand that by becoming a member of WAYALIFE.com, you are agreeing that Nevada law applies to any dispute related to your membership and that any such dispute could only be brought in Carson City County, NV.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. You are also acknowledging that you have read the term and conditions outlined above carefully and agree to abide by them.

Although the administrators and moderators of WAYALIFE.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of WAYALIFE.com, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service.

Please point out EXACTLY where I have clearly stated that you as a regular member could "not 'soliciting' any manufacturers other than paid advertisers from this site"? :naw:

Since I've joined I've seen tons of manufacturer names in posts so I guess it's ok. I just wanted to be careful.

Imagine that :naw:

For someone who's so concerned about being "careful", maybe you should start by "carefully" reading the actual rules instead of making BS statements about what you thought you read.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When I first signed up, the 'rules' were listed in much more detail than what I can find on the site now, and it was just really clear about not 'soliciting' any manufacturers other than paid advertisers from this site. It listed many times about that, so I just wanted to be careful. Since I've joined I've seen tons of manufacturer names in posts so I guess it's ok. I just wanted to be careful.

You're full of shit.

dwvninety

I smell a future troll...

WJCO

Meme King
So let me get this straight. I'm new to this group, wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right because the rules did seem strict to me, I even checked with the webmaster prior to posting anything to make sure I'm doing everything right, and I'm being accused of being a troll? I'm literally in shock right now. I've watched the Wayalife youtube videos for years and all the guys seemed really cool and fun to hang out with. I just recently found this forum and would love to be a part of it. I hope it will be......

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow sorry guys. Didn't mean to stir up anything. Just wanted to be careful, that's all.

Why not start off being truthful? You most certainly did NOT read anything about mentioning product names in the rules unless you lack reading comprehension. So seems to me you were trying to stir it up.

Tell us where exactly did you get the idea you can't mention product names?

WJCO

Meme King
I apologize, Eddie. I must have misread this part. I didn't realize it was for manufacturers, I thought this was for everybody. I've seen plenty of posts where people list their manufacturers.

Funny, here are the EXACT rules that you were required to agree to in order to become a member of my forum.

You understand that it is the policy of WAYALIFE.com to NOT allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, shops, Jeep related businesses, competing websites or for-profit publications to participate on WAYALIFE.com unless they are a supporting advertiser. You also understand that WAYALIFE.com considers soliciting to include the contacting of members though private messages and/or though email as well as a user name, signature and/or user profile that contains a business name, phone number, email address, website URL or direct link back to it. Non-profit organizations are required to obtain permission from the administrators prior to participating on WAYALIFE.com.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow sorry guys. Didn't mean to stir up anything. Just wanted to be careful, that's all.

Then, you should start by CAREFULLY reading the rules instead of ASSUMING what it says.

So let me get this straight. I'm new to this group, wanted to make sure I'm doing everything right because the rules did seem strict to me, I even checked with the webmaster prior to posting anything to make sure I'm doing everything right, and I'm being accused of being a troll? I'm literally in shock right now. I've watched the Wayalife youtube videos for years and all the guys seemed really cool and fun to hang out with. I just recently found this forum and would love to be a part of it. I hope it will be......

So, let me get this straight. You're new to this group, made assumptions about the rules here and chose to be a part of it in spite of how "strict" they seemed to you. If the rules here were really that strict, I don't know why you ever think this forum would be something you would love to be a part of.

I apologize, Eddie. I must have misread this part. I didn't realize it was for manufacturers, I thought this was for everybody. I've seen plenty of posts where people list their manufacturers.

It is funny how a simple look around would have told you that there are PLENTY of posts where people list out manufacturers of all types REGARDLESS if they are a vendor here or not. And yet, in your efforts to be so "careful", you chose instead to take a quick glance at the rules and make ASSUMPTIONS as to what they actually say.

Personally, I think you're full of it but, if this was all just some kind of stupid mistake based on your CARELESS ASSUMPTIONS, it's all bygones for me. Certainly, time will tell whether or not you are being truthful.

WJCO

Meme King
I'm a truthful and transparent person and just enjoy Jeeps and modify many vehicles. I've been in the car business my whole life and love sharing automotive knowledge and experience as well as learning from others. You are more than welcome to check out my posts on jeepforum under the same user name. I am new here, but have a paper trail over there. I guess it was a careless mistake that I misread and again I apologize. I didn't take a look around the forum at all until after the post and maybe I should have done so. As Jeepers, we share a common bond regardless of what our differences may be so hopefully we can settle on that common ground. I hope from here out I can get some forgiveness and the beatings won't continue. Peace.

Top Bottom