About a tummy tuck

BlackBandit

Alright so I have a jeep tj rubicon I have 2 inchs of suspension lift and 1inch body lift. I know people say I won't need a cv shafts or a new drive shafts if the tummy tuck is done on a stock jeep. I'm wondering if I could still get away with the tummy tuck without using a new drive shaft.

Weeeee

It all depends on how severe the pinion angle is after the Tummy tuck. My guess is that you will need one so you should budget for it.

BlackBandit

Well would I need one if I did a 4 inch lift? Because basic the drive line would be on the same angle as a 4 inch lift hence I'm raising the transfer case approx 2 inchs up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely, you will feel some driveline vibrations. Depending on how bad they are or how much they bother you, a new drive shaft is something you might want to consider. But, if it were me, I would address it AFTER you do the tuck.

Moabbnd

Depends on the tummy tuck that you want. Rokmen tummy tuck gains about 2.25" over the factory shovel, Undercover fab 2.5" to 3.5" depending on the one you pick, and Savvy about 3". This with any lift over stock on a TJ will require a new rear driveshaft and adjustable upper rear control arms. Also, get a tcase cable shifter from Novak or Savvy so your linkage doesn't bind with the tuck. Most likely you'll have to clearance the tub a bit to fit the 241. This can be done with placing a socket between the case and tub at the closest point, then jacking the tcase up until it clearances.

Top Bottom