Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brakes, and rotor upgrade, which brand is good or best

Fresh Catch

Brakes, and rotor upgrade, which brand is good or best

I need to get some new rotors and and thinking maybe calipers, was going to just replace with OEM rotors but figured I'd ask the Jeep experts.
    What Brand, is good, are rotors and calipers nessasary? Crossed drilled slotted ? Thanks for the advice in advance.
    Guaranteed way to fail is to stand by and do nothing. Get some!

Dynatrac's big brake kit if you have larger tires.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Heholua View Post
    Dynatrac's big brake kit if you have larger tires.
    Ill check em out, thanks.
    Guaranteed way to fail is to stand by and do nothing. Get some!

Anybody try the dynatrac's with a stock setup? Just curious if it's worth the upgrade vs stock

Fresh Catch

Dose the big brake kit fit with a 17" rim?

Hands down, the Dynatrac ProGrip is what you want. Trust me, I have tested them out and compared them to other kits like the TeraFlex brake kit and it still works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Brod View Post
    Dose the big brake kit fit with a 17" rim?
    Yes. Only 17" or larger.

I 2nd Eddie on this. I had the TeraFlex big Brake kit and then put on the Dynatrc ProGrip brakes.
    The TF was an improvement over stock, but the Dynatrac was noticeably better than the TF big brake. If you consider that you get pads with 4 rotors it's a good price too
    Willys / 1949 CJ3A
    Autumn Yellow
    2.2 Ecotec to th350
    HEMI / 2011 JKUR
    Sahara Tan
    UNNAMED / 2012 JKR
    Ruby Red

I run the dynatrac brakes with 37s, prior to these I ran powerstop cross/slotted with ceramic pads with my 35s

the powerstop were a big improvement over stock especially when towing a trailer.

The dyntracs with 37s are a even bigger improvement, they stop much better than the powerstop with 35s

If you have the budget I'd get dynatrac no need to upgrade the calipers, just make sure your wheels have 17" clearance as some wheels start at 17 but then get thicker and reduce in clearance.

Totally sucks getting all 4 brakes changed out only to find out the wheels won't clear by about an 1/8", then having to remove them and reinstall the stock brakes...ask me how I know

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    I run the dynatrac brakes with 37s, prior to these I ran powerstop cross/slotted with ceramic pads with my 35s

the powerstop were a big improvement over stock especially when towing a trailer.

The dyntracs with 37s are a even bigger improvement, they stop much better than the powerstop with 35s

If you have the budget I'd get dynatrac no need to upgrade the calipers, just make sure your wheels have 17" clearance as some wheels start at 17 but then get thicker and reduce in clearance.

Totally sucks getting all 4 brakes changed out only to find out the wheels won't clear by about an 1/8", then having to remove them and reinstall the stock brakes...ask me how I know
    dont forgrt Rebrl offroad's drilled & slotted rotors,,,bigger than stock, American iron, made in the USA,,,, upgraded pads/ larger rotors,,,just about $ 525 for the 4 corners...

Quote Originally Posted by IgotaWoody39 View Post
    dont forgrt Rebrl offroad's drilled & slotted rotors,,,bigger than stock, American iron, made in the USA,,,, upgraded pads/ larger rotors,,,just about $ 525 for the 4 corners...
    LOL!! If I really thought it worked better then the Dyantrac ProGrip, I would have mentioned it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast