Instructions for evo Rock sliders

sheepdog02

Anyone have a copy of the instructions for welding on the evo Rock sliders handy. Getting mine welded on tomorrow and seem to have misplaced the instructions paper that came with them. Pretty sure the place installing them has installed many sets in the past but don't want to run into any surprises.

utiadam

LOSER
As mentioned above there aren't instructions for them. You basically put the bottom of the triangle on the legs even with the bottom of the frame. There is a recessed square behind the rear side body mount that the leg sits inside of.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442214941.154628.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442214987.139237.jpg

J33P1N

Anyone know on 4 door Wrangler which side evo sliders goes towards the front end, the one with the tubing closer to the end? Just to make sure.

MonkeyLeo13

Long distance between tube holders goes between front door. Short distance between tube holders shd be be back (between top "L" on frame). Sorry I can't think of better word for it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

if you don't have it, i highly recommend rocker armor as well. the body can flex into the sliders since the JK body mounts are so soft.

JeepJeep75

They only go on one way as everyone has stated. I used a AA battery as a spacer between the lower body pinch seam and the three supporting bars of the slider that extend out from the frame. Any yes, the body will kiss the sliders from time to time if you do actually use them. IMG_4155.jpg I used ratchet straps to hold the sliders in place against the frame. I kept bumping the jackstands while I was working, so the straps came out and worked great to hold them while positioning the sliders. IMG_4161.jpg

TheGrendel

one more thing to the OP. install the armor before you weld the sliders on. it will make life so much easier.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Did anyone else have Gaps on one side of the flange? When I put some leverage with the Jack, the top will close up more and the right side is tight..... I plan on pounding the left side of the flange in a little with a BFH .... but not sure how much it will go with all the gussets....

Anyone else experience this?

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Did anyone else have Gaps on one side of the flange? When I put some leverage with the Jack, the top will close up more and the right side is tight..... I plan on pounding the left side of the flange in a little with a BFH .... but not sure how much it will go with all the gussets....

Anyone else experience this?

View attachment 301895

View attachment 301896

View attachment 301897

Yep. Mine had some sizable gaps as well. Clamped the shit out of it and welded it up. Do you have any c-clamps or the like? I don’t advise leaving much of a gap but it won’t be a perfectly flush fit.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yep. Mine had some sizable gaps as well. Clamped the shit out of it and welded it up. Do you have any c-clamps or the like? I don’t advise leaving much of a gap but it won’t be a perfectly flush fit.

Yeah, I have a good clamp.... but I'd have to drop the gas tank to clamp the 2 rear flanges.. don't really want to do all that. I haven't mocked up the Drivers side yet, but that side seems to be all clear..

Top Bottom