Interior Lights Don't Dim and Dome Light does not come on with Turn Signal Switch

jarho00

Ok, I've had this problem for awhile now and thought I would give WAYALIFE Family a shot at helping me out. My interior lights do not dim or go off with the turn signal lever switch. The dome light will not come on with the same switch, as it should. I know this seems easy and probably the turn signal switch itself. However, since I purchased the 2011 Jeep Rubicon I have had to hit the steering wheel from time to time to get the step button (mileage, time, etc) or the cruise on/off button. I was figuring that a loose connector would be the culprit but I haven't been able to locate any loose connections.

So, any suggestions would be a big help. This could be 2 problems or 1.

jarho00

Thanks for the big help. If you have the money to buy me a new one, just give me the money and I'll still keep this one and deal with the problem. lol

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like two separate issues. Your symptoms do sound like a turn signal switch issue, however, your mpg/mileage/etc symptom sound more like a cluster or step switch issue.

Any door ajar lights on? Sometimes a dirty door switch/latch can cause the lights to stay on, however this doesn't explain your issue of the dome light switch not working to turn the lights on. If you can, I would say access the wiring for the multi-function switch connector and see if you have power present through the switch even with it turned off. If the switch is off and there is power present through it, it's a bad switch.

Top Bottom