trac-lok price?

nknacd

what would be a good price for a used trac-lok? i'm completely open and figured added this would an improvement. the guy wants 175 for it.

Phljeeper

I am sure you could get it for less. Keep in mind the cost is the install. Likely will cost you 300-500 or more depending on the shop to have installed. Why not just use a locker while you have the carrier open?

jorgelrod

Hooked
If you want an LSD, save just a few more bucks and get yourself a Detroit Truetrac, Traklok might just cost you $175 but it uses clutch packs and will eventually fail since they get worn. It is true you will spend $500 on the TT but it is a stronger, more durable option and the worm gears won't get worn with time or need special lubricants to work...

Just my $.02

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you want an LSD, save just a few more bucks and get yourself a Detroit Truetrac, Traklok might just cost you $175 but it uses clutch packs and will eventually fail since they get worn. It is true you will spend $500 on the TT but it is a stronger, more durable option and the worm gears won't get worn with time or need special lubricants to work...

Just my $.02

Couldn't agree more, a TrueTrac is what I would go with over a Trackloc.

KYRubi

People call the Trackloc a Trash lock for a reason. I relplaced the one that broke in my KJ with a TrueTrac. It is a much better LSD. If I had known what I know now, I wouldn't have waited until it broke to replace it with something better.

nknacd

thanks for the input, i'll pass on this then. this is why i love this place people aren't afraid to tell it like it is

Top Bottom