Doors off question, more like opinion..

PGH08JK

Driving to OBX Sunday, from PA. Doors on, or doors off? Weather is looking like it's going to be nice. Just wanted some opinions.. Thanks.

seanb123

Driving to OBX Sunday, from PA. Doors on, or doors off? Weather is looking like it's going to be nice. Just wanted some opinions.. Thanks.

On...too much wind for 8 hours. In pa this summer I think I had my doors on for 2 weeks but that's just to much at 75-80 for 8 hours straight. I do suggest bikini style driving that's always a nice breeze not to much.

jesse3638

Hooked
Not familiar with PA weather but did a 7 hour drive this summer naked and it wasn't bad. I brought ear plugs just in case but didn't need them. Probably should have wore them as when I'd stop it sounded like I was under water. A good wrap around style pair of sunglasses helps wind in the eyes. With the exception of the few thunder storms it wasn't bad. As long as I was moving I didn't get wet but when I stopped it was a whole other story. I learned I need to keep paper towels with me for such occasion as the windshield wipers don't wipe the inside of the windshield..haha.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Being how unpredictable the weather always is I say leave it all on then take it off when you get there. Also you will get slightly better mpg with everything on

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I say get half doors! Uppers off and top down, if the weather turns bad grab the uppers from the back and button it up. You know you want to! [emoji48]

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't know it this would work for you, but I check the zip code or towns via weather channel then decide from there. Then again they do come equipped with drain plugs.:)

Ddays

Hooked
Like Jesse said above, if you go without better take earplugs! Depending on what tires you're running you may not be able to hear the first couple days there. Plus conversation may be non-existent!

Zstairlessone

Like Jesse said above, if you go without better take earplugs! Depending on what tires you're running you may not be able to hear the first couple days there. Plus conversation may be non-existent!
And a bandana or headband to control your hair, a hat won't last. Ditch the doors by the way!

RebelconJk

Id say keep the doors on, the weather at OBX is very unpredictable I got caught in a storm down there one time with the doors off it was nuts!

HoosierWolf

I don't mind the sound naked but when I have everything off but the rear doors (for the dogs safety..I don't have half doors yet) the wind buffets much worse. With the kayaks on top it's really bad.

jedg

Hrm. My doors have been off since April.

Local driving isn't bad at all. Roads marked 55 are fine. Interstate can get tiring. Just take a few breaks.

RjSkippy

Being how unpredictable the weather always is I say leave it all on then take it off when you get there. Also you will get slightly better mpg with everything on

100% agree. Northern NY is the same way, if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes and it will save you a few pennies at the pump keeping them on. :twocents:

PGH08JK

I've decided to leave them on, however, the close I get I will be removing them and putting them in the back, probably just the front two. The back is getting full quick. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442774104.240848.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Last reply at 2:35? What, no Steeler game? LOL! Course it was pretty much over by then... I sent you a pm you yesterday btw

Top Bottom