My Mall Crawler Build

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
In the Summer of 2013, I realized that my beautiful wife would never let me build up my car the way I wanted to (plus it wasn't very kid friendly). So I made a deal with her to trade it in for a Jeep and she'd let me keep half the trade in value to use for parts. :thumb:

Here was my old car. I bought it new off the lot in 2005 with 20 miles on it. It's a 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution VIII. I won't bore anyone with details about it, but it was a blast to drive. All wheel drive, 4 cylinder turbo... You get the jist.

Evo 012.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

I sold this to a guy locally and picked up a new 2013 JKU Rubicon in black with a hardtop, cloth heated seats, basic radio w/ bluetooth and towing package. My only requirements when searching for it were the hardtop option and cloth seats because I didn't want to deal with leather. I have a nice garage with tall ceilings so I knew dealing with the hardtop removal wouldn't be bad once I installed a hoist of some sort. Here's a picture of the day I brought it home.

1st Day Home.jpg

What began my passion for the Wrangler started when I took my first cruise. We stopped in Mexico and they offered a Jeep "Safari" tour through some tropical jungle trails and ended up on the beach for some lunch. I went by myself and got paired up with one of the guides since everyone else was in couples. This meant I got to drive the whole time! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures, but those memories stuck with me for years until now when I picked up my own Jeep. The thrill of going offroad and not being tied to roads was addicting.

Here are some pictures of the Jeep as it sits now. I might go back and detail some of my projects later, but I know everyone's here for the pics anyway.

IMG_2046.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Jeep looks awesome Dave, what lift? Is that the old man emu kit?
Edit: found info in profile

Last edited:

Jitzoo

Who makes those mirrors? My vent mirrors just aren't cutting it and those look good compared to the other options I've considered.

TennJK

Who makes those mirrors? My vent mirrors just aren't cutting it and those look good compared to the other options I've considered.

The look to me like Rugged Ridge. But I may be wrong. I've looked into mirrors just like those for this summer

USMC Wrangler

First, I'm a sucker for build threads, so...Subscribed! Looks great! :thumb:

Second a little hijack...

They look like Rugged Ridge. They make them round and rectangular like these on my tube doors..(note: I modified mine but these do mount the same as the round)

50.jpg

51.jpg

53.jpg

Trail JK

Great build! Your Jeep looks awesome. I really enjoyed your background story and think it would make a good thread too. Can't wait to see more!

Top Bottom