Insurance that covers trail damage?

MotoMatthew

I just called geico and they do not in California.

I'm not military or ex military, so those options are out.

Who covers for sure?

Pa I've seen a thread before but couldn't locate it.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug

Who covers for sure?

State Farm will. The only caveat is it can not be a "sponsored" event or race.

I asked the question if I were to snap a rear axle or tag a tree with the body would it be covered and the answer was yes for both examples.

Just as a side note about Geico, you may want to look at how they cover your aftermarket gear. My understanding last time I did some insurance research was they weren't too good.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Who covers for sure?

I guess I would want more clarification for what coverages you are seeking.

If you mean trail damage (damage to the trail or someone's real property), I cannot imagine any insurance company NOT covering it.

But if you mean first party collision or comprehensive coverage, then it all is in the wording. I am surprised the GEICO does not cover that kind of things. I worked for them for 2 years and while I owe them no favors, they must have some form of off-road exclusion.

The important to realize is that while you might get coverage, it will go down as an at fault accident and your rates will likely go up, depending on the amount of the pay out.

I hope this might have answered some of your questions. If you have any more, please just PM me and I can answer more. Good luck!

rogerk93

Who covers for sure?

I was with geico for the first year I owned my jeep. Then as my build got moving and I started to off road a little more I looked into them regarding aftermarket modifications and trail damage. I found they are one of the worse and will not cover aftermarket mods for the most part. Now I'm with state farm after I researched a little more and asked them a bunch of what ifs. Plus I saved $50 a month.

MotoMatthew

I guess I would want more clarification for what coverages you are seeking.

If you mean trail damage (damage to the trail or someone's real property), I cannot imagine any insurance company NOT covering it.

But if you mean first party collision or comprehensive coverage, then it all is in the wording. I am surprised the GEICO does not cover that kind of things. I worked for them for 2 years and while I owe them no favors, they must have some form of off-road exclusion.

The important to realize is that while you might get coverage, it will go down as an at fault accident and your rates will likely go up, depending on the amount of the pay out.

I hope this might have answered some of your questions. If you have any more, please just PM me and I can answer more. Good luck!

Yes obviously I mean first party collision. I'm not going to be making a claim for small stuff - but if I flip my rig on a trail I want to have full coverage as an option. I called Geico and talked to a person in claims after a few transfers and was told no coverage. I can read the policy when I get a chance (I'm a lawyer) but there is likely an exclusion, which is why they said that. I was already on the phone today with them for a glass claim, which is how I got thinking about it. They covered OEM jeep windshield by the way, with the little decals. So that was nice.

I'm trying to save time not having to read every policy out there and see who has knowledge. I'll be sure to read whatever policy I end up buying to be certain but asking around is a good start!

State farm is 35% more expensive. Prob worth it for what we do though.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have everything through state farm bundled. House, cars, life. It saves me even more. Also, accidents play a part as well. I have 0 comp/250 collision.

Don't hit anything....hee hee

mo0s3

I have everything through state farm bundled. House, cars, life. It saves me even more. Also, accidents play a part as well. I have 0 comp/250 collision.

Don't hit anything....hee hee

Having everything bundled does jack for you :) the home discount over rides the life discount :)
If they tell you different they are lying to you !!!
Home discount is 22% and life is 5%
They like you to think that you get more of a discount if you have them all and the fact of the matter it is a lie. I moved my Life insurance to New York Life and I saved $50 a month and got 1,000,000 in coverage compared to $500 000 and doubled the years !

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Having everything bundled does jack for you :) the home discount over rides the life discount :)
If they tell you different they are lying to you !!!
Home discount is 22% and life is 5%
They like you to think that you get more of a discount if you have them all and the fact of the matter it is a lie. I moved my Life insurance to New York Life and I saved $50 a month and got 1,000,000 in coverage compared to $500 000 and doubled the years !

A few years back I got some quotes to see If I could save some money. One company was Geico and they could not even touch what I had. They suggested I stay with State Farm. I also get free pens when I visit the office...when no one is looking.:bleh:

mo0s3

A few years back I got some quotes to see If I could save some money. One company was Geico and they could not even touch what I had. They suggested I stay with State Farm. I also get free pens when I visit the office...when no one is looking.:bleh:

:) gotta love that :)
State Farm is a fantastic auto company !

Top Bottom