Quack attack!!! Oregon- October 17th

David1tontj

Well- we can't get enough of quack attack!

Heading back out on October 17th.

Trail is near mount hoodoo ski resort, at Santiam pass, just west of sisters Oregon.

Currently this is just a day trip, we will start the trail early at 8am, and hopefully be out the other side by dinner time. If the group is small enough, and we are quick enough, we can even turn around and run it backwards (time permitting)

Please pack a lunch and dinner, lots of beverages, and any spare parts you might need.

Trail requirements will be

Four doors-
37" tires, lockers, rock sliders, tow points front and rear.

Two doors-
Absolute minimum 35" tires, lockers, sliders, tow points front and rear.

Everyone going should expect body damage- it is possible to do without damage, but the odds are something will bend/break/dent.

Spill kit, fire extinguisher, and shovel are required.

This is an extreme trail, if you haven't been in the rocks before, this is not the place to learn.

GOING-
1-David1tontj
2-davewashere
3-Clarksadventures
4- Mackey
5- jk_bc_yolo
6-dwmgcs
7-sas4bt

NOT GOING-
1-2013rubrick (thinks Hawaii is more important)
2-cripledpetey (needs more than 2 days to recover from neck surgery. [emoji107]🏻 weak!!!) [emoji16]

A few pics from our last trip.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442894658.780776.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442894693.957274.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442894793.890882.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1442894831.976863.jpg

Last edited:

mackey

Can you give some more details please. Where is this place. How many days? Any extra info would be great. Thanks

ClarksAdventures

You are so right. Now I have to get bigger tires...

I still might try to Make it. I'm on the look out for some 37s.

Davwashere has a nice set of 37" mtr's that he's looking to get rid of. People say things about them, but they've always been great for him on/off road.

ClarksAdventures

Can you give some more details please. Where is this place. How many days? Any extra info would be great. Thanks

Central Oregon, outside of Sisters, OR
Just one day, it's a saturday. And if you want we can find plenty of people to make it a two day. There are lots fun places in central Oregon.

mackey

I always like trying something new. I'm gonna check the calendar. What would be the closest area to get a hotel Friday night? Any place to store doors? Any kids going? Thanks

ClarksAdventures

I always like trying something new. I'm gonna check the calendar. What would be the closest area to get a hotel Friday night? Any place to store doors? Any kids going? Thanks

Lots of places. Redmond or bend would be the most economical I suppose. But sisters is also available.

Bobby lives in the area, and is a great guy. I'm sure he'd let us drop off a few tips and doors.

And lastly, kids are always welcome. Most of the guys will probably have their kids along for the ride.

Oh and if you're a beer nerd like me. Come early on Friday and we can hit up a few awesome breweries. Home of deschutes, 10 barrel, crux, silver moon, bend brewing, and about another 8 or 9.

Last edited:

David1tontj

Looks like Gavin beat me to it.

Also- are you still in the middle of your build? Or just haven't finished filling out your profile? Was curious about location and your rig. Found your location, but no info on the jeep.

And likely I will have my kids and wife.

mackey

Would there be a meet up the morning of and everyone follows to the trail or just meet at the trail head? Never been so just want to get dialed in. Is they a GPS coordinate or directions to the trial? Lastly,
Is this a trail mostly trailer queens go on? I would need to be able to drive back home to Idaho. How's it compare to the Rubicon?

mackey

Looks like Gavin beat me to it.

Also- are you still in the middle of your build? Or just haven't finished filling out your profile? Was curious about location and your rig. Found your location, but no info on the jeep.

And likely I will have my kids and wife.

My build is done. I always have more if like to do but its trail capable for the most part. I live in Coeur D Alene Idaho. Would probably bring my 10 year old daughter. She is my jeepin buddy

ClarksAdventures

Would there be a meet up the morning of and everyone follows to the trail or just meet at the trail head? Never been so just want to get dialed in. Is they a GPS coordinate or directions to the trial? Lastly,
Is this a trail mostly trailer queens go on? I would need to be able to drive back home to Idaho. How's it compare to the Rubicon?

We can do either. I'll most likely stay in bend, so you could drive up with me. The trail head literally starts in the parking lot of the ski resort. So it's super easy to google and find too.

Being from Idaho, it wouldn't be a bad idea to trailer your rig. But it's not super necessary. Even with a break the local area has jeep dealers and shops if parts need to be sourced. Plus we never leave a fellow Jeeper behind.

It's constant action with lots of big obstacles one right after another and no real bypasses minus a few exit points along the trail.
It's def a trail you go home saying "WOW, I just did that!!!"

David1tontj

We typically meet at the staging area, it's hard to miss and we can get you coordinates.

Most of the rigs that go on this trail are trailered there, and a lot are rock buggies. The only guys I've been with who aren't trailered are the jeep guys on here. I have never trailered there, but I'm only a couple hours away.

As far as the rubicon- There are bypasses on the rubicon, so that's hard to compare. It is generally much tougher than the rubicon, but it's also not nearly as long. You can run the rubicon on much smaller tires.

mackey

We typically meet at the staging area, it's hard to miss and we can get you coordinates.

Most of the rigs that go on this trail are trailered there, and a lot are rock buggies. The only guys I've been with who aren't trailered are the jeep guys on here. I have never trailered there, but I'm only a couple hours away.

As far as the rubicon- There are bypasses on the rubicon, so that's hard to compare. It is generally much tougher than the rubicon, but it's also not nearly as long. You can run the rubicon on much smaller tires.

I can't trailer it there. Would have to drive it. I've got a decent Jeep set up.
EVO double throw down
EVO high clearance long arm
Pro rock 60s
Atlas t-case
PSC assist
Toyo MTs 40s
All EVO skids and sliders.
Plus some minor stuff.

David1tontj

I can't trailer it there. Would have to drive it. I've got a decent Jeep set up.
EVO double throw down
EVO high clearance long arm
Pro rock 60s
Atlas t-case
PSC assist
Toyo MTs 40s
All EVO skids and sliders.
Plus some minor stuff.

You will be just fine! None of us jeeps trailer there.

You should fill out your profile! That sounds like an awesome rig!

Top Bottom