BFG KM2 or Nitto Trail Grappler - this is my dilemma...

bonedaddy

So i am the king of procrastination and over thinking things, looking at tires and I think i have narrowed it down to sticking with the BFG's since I think they have performed pretty well thus far, or going in the Nitto Trail Grappler direction because i have watched to many JKX vids... ;)

Just can't make up my mind...

I know it's my DD and I put on like 500-600 miles a week, so the BFG's harder compound will last a little longer, but performance wise on road and off not sure... the DD aspect makes me lean towards the BFG's...

Thoughts?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From what I'm hearing from you, I would stick with BFG's as they wear like iron. The Trail Grapplers are nice off road but you'll only get about half the life out of them.

For whatever it's worth, I will most likely get a set of BFG's on my truck soon.

So i am the king of procrastination and over thinking things, looking at tires and I think i have narrowed it down to sticking with the BFG's since I think they have performed pretty well thus far, or going in the Nitto Trail Grappler direction because i have watched to many JKX vids... ;)

Just can't make up my mind...

I know it's my DD and I put on like 500-600 miles a week, so the BFG's harder compound will last a little longer, but performance wise on road and off not sure... the DD aspect makes me lean towards the BFG's...

Thoughts?

Just curious how many miles you got out of your BFG's so far?

t8er

Either ones a good choice but based on the miles you're driving I'd also look at the new Exo Grapplers or the new AT/KO's. I had TG's on a commute like that and they wore well but if I had to do it again if really run more of an AT type tire

bonedaddy

I was thinking about the KO2, but my wife doesn't think they look "jeep enough"... so they are out... I like the look of the Trail G's, but I know they are soft ... I so like the stance of the KM2, they seem to bw wearing well, I only have I think 13k in them - but I have put that 13k on like 5 months... ;)

crowrb29

Not sure how big of a factor it would be in your decision but BFGs seem to run smaller than advertised, more so than other brands, for many of their sizes. Nittos in general seem to run more true to size.

WJCO

Meme King
I have BFG muds on my WJ here in Colorado. I love everything about them except for their performance on packed snow. They are terrible from that aspect. I will probably go with Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs next year myself. I've had BFG ATs as well on other vehicles and love them too, they are another tire that seems to last a long time if rotated properly.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure what size tire you're running, but in the 37 in, the Nitto MT is quite a bit cheaper than the BFGs (about $130 a tire). For this reason, my next set of tires might be the Nittos. I can't understand why the BFGs are so damn expensive. I guess it's what people are willing to pay.

Last edited:

bonedaddy

I decided to go with the BFG's 35's... I think it's a good choice and size for my DD... Thanks to everyone who chimed in...

Donnie

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to hijack the thread but how do the Nitto's and BFG's compare to the MT Baja MTZs?

MTZ's are good tired. They are stronger in the sidewall than a BFG but not as sticky on the rocks as a Trail Grappler. And yes, I have run all 3

Ghost*JK

Hello, All

Here's some late information.
I put the BFG KM2 (285/75R17)(34in) on at 18000 miles, I have 65500 on her now and they still look like I have 50% left.
I do 70 a day and mostly highway, run between 28 and 30 PSI

I'm trading her in soon, for a 2016 Rubicon, so I'm debating going to a taller tire. What do you guy's think. 35 or 37

My point BFG's are great on the highway, ride is excellent and balance out as well.

:clap2:

Top Bottom