Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Looking good !

Quote Originally Posted by littlered_jk View Post
    The versamount and cobra cb setup is great for us jeepers with limited space.
    Yep, that's why I went with the compact CB. Time will tell if I made the right choice. No external speaker yet but seems plenty loud so far. The red accents on your jeep look good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
    Looking good !
    Thanks, appreciate it.

15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

The versamount and cobra cb setup is great for us jeepers with limited space.
    I really like what you did with the paint on the interior. I am thinking about doing this during summer. And op the build is looking awesome. Looking forward to the build to come

Been Around the Block littlered_jk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy_RCW View Post
    Yep, that's why I went with the compact CB. Time will tell if I made the right choice. No external speaker yet but seems plenty loud so far. The red accents on your jeep look good.
    I've had no issue with loudness Although it just sounds liked people are talking from a bottom of a hole. Thanks on the accents.

Been Around the Block littlered_jk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TennJK View Post
    I really like what you did with the paint on the interior. I am thinking about doing this during summer. And op the build is looking awesome. Looking forward to the build to come
    Thanks. The main part was easy. The stenciling of the logos in black was a pita. Liking the end result though.

Op. What's up next on your build.
    :subscribed

Thanks. The main part was easy. The stenciling of the logos in black was a pita. Liking the end result though.

Op. What's up next on your build.
    :subscribed
    Yea seems pretty tedious but looks good. Right now I'm saving up for wheels and tires. Got my eyes set on Interco Birddogs and either Toyo MT's or Trail Grapplers. But you know how things change. My suspension and axle shafts have been patiently waiting in the garage for me to install.

Fresh Catch

winch plate

Great Looking jeep! I have a 10A, I was curious on what brand you went with for the winch plate on how to you like the smittybilt winch so far? the warn zeon isnt in the budget at the moment.
    2013 jkur10a
    slow build

Quote Originally Posted by cbilyk23 View Post
    Great Looking jeep! I have a 10A, I was curious on what brand you went with for the winch plate on how to you like the smittybilt winch so far? the warn zeon isnt in the budget at the moment.
    Thanks. I used the Maximus 3 winch plate. Install was easy and it's a clean look. I also just cut the factory filler trim between the bumper and grille instead of buying filler plates. I went with the winch due to budget as you said. So far I've only used it a handful of times but haven't had any issues. I know a few guys running the XRC series and they've held up to years of abuse. Woulda gone with the warn if the budget allowed though.

Today I finally got around to installing my front chromo axle shafts. Short side was kind of a bitch. First the axle nut didn't want to come off. Impact struggled for a bit which had me worried. Threads all looked good, weren't galled up or anything. All I can think is the factory went overboard on lock-tite on that side. Next, the yokes on the new shaft wouldn't fit through the knuckle. Had to clearance them a c-hair with the grinder. Didn't like doing that but I took off very little. Maybe like a mil on each side. Rather do that than drop the knuckle. Passenger side went smoothly, no issues. And now I have two complete trail spares!
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455416393.183522.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455416412.180582.jpg

Tires and wheels are next on the docket. The Jeep should be growing up here in the next month or so.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast