15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Hey guys,

Figured I might as well throw this up. Gonna be a fairly slow progressing build but thought I'd share anyways and collect any pointers or comments. Pretty happy with the way the Jeep performs as is but why not make it better.

Fresh from the dealership
IMG_1741.jpg

Kinda wanted to have a method to my madness and start with recovery and protection first but that antenna bugged me so it had to be the first to go.
IMG_1814.jpg

Next was installing a set of PSC diff covers and JCR oil pan/tranny skid plate. Don't have any pics of the skid but you know what they look like right?
IMG_1834.jpg

Only picture I have of the covers after install
IMG_6110.jpg

After the diff covers I moved on to the winch. Just went with a Smittybilt X2O 10k which has served me well so far. I went back and forth on bumpers but finally decided to stick with the HR bumper for now. Probably will replace it in the future to aid in approach angle. I've also since replaced the hook with a ProLink.
IMG_1883.jpg
IMG_1884.jpg
IMG_1895.jpg

Figured for the time being I was okay on armor and recovery. I think the factory sliders will get me by until I'm ready to move up to big boy trails. I also installed a TeraFlex leveling kit to take care of the rake which was a little worse after the winch install. No pics of that but it's not much to look at anyways.
Next I installed the EVO C2 gussets. Got the C's done but still haven't welded on the LCA skids. Once I got a good look at the factory C's, I see what everyone is talking about. Pretty pitiful. PR44 will be in the future but I figure I'll save up while this axle gets me by. Sorry for the poor pictures
IMG_1900.jpg
IMG_1901.jpg
IMG_1904.jpg

So that's where she sits now. Received a set of chromoly front shafts today so I'll be finding some time to install those. Thanks for dropping by.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks guys. So I think next will be a tire carrier. Planning on the AEV since its compatible with my stock bumper. Need some advice on wheels though. I don't want to run wheel spacers (not that I think anything is wrong with em, just don't wanna go that route) and don't think beadlocks are needed for my plans or for my budget. Anyone have thoughts or experiences with the Interco birddogs? Did a little searching around on here but couldn't find much. I'm planning on running 37" MTR's and these seem to fit the bill for backspacing and a little added bonus to keeping a bead. From my research, these having the 3.5 backspacing should keep my tires from rubbing. Comments or concerns are much appreciated.

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Mounted up my AEV tire carrier today. Install was a piece of cake. Getting the O-ring and spindle nut lined up was a little tricky but not bad. Pretty happy with it. It's definitely stout and shouldn't have any trouble holding a 37. The spare being a little off center will take a little getting used to but doesn't bother me too much. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445729688.390187.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445729710.540015.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Bored so I thought I'd throw this up since I referenced it in another thread. Installed the Rock Hard license plate relocation bracket and ORO LiteDOT 3rd brake/license plate light a couple weeks ago. Really all I've done while saving for the next mods.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448490855.436508.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448490870.998002.jpg

Ordered a JKS 3.5 kit with drag link flip and adj. front LCA's Monday though. Sucks it's gonna sit in boxes until I can get wheels and tires though. But at least it's some sort of progress. Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Installing my CB this evening. Just wanted to show off my bottle cozy. This thing is the ticket when workin on the jeep. Just put your beer wherever. :thumb:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453769076.110630.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So I installed a Cobra 75WX ST and 3ft Firestick this evening. Also using the Cooltech Versamount which is pretty slick. As tuned as I could get was 1.75 on channel 1 and 40. Reading about 1.45 on channel 20. Does that sound satisfactory? Didn't have as much antenna above the roofline as I'd planned due to my mounting location changing. I guess I could always swap out for a 4ft antenna. Any thoughts or comments?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453774188.537349.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453774206.136624.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453774224.522095.jpg

The versamount and cobra cb setup is great for us jeepers with limited space.

Attachments

• 1453775378148.jpg
    1453775378148.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,151

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Yep, that's why I went with the compact CB. Time will tell if I made the right choice. No external speaker yet but seems plenty loud so far. The red accents on your jeep look good.

TennJK

I really like what you did with the paint on the interior. I am thinking about doing this during summer. And op the build is looking awesome. Looking forward to the build to come

Yep, that's why I went with the compact CB. Time will tell if I made the right choice. No external speaker yet but seems plenty loud so far. The red accents on your jeep look good.

I've had no issue with loudness Although it just sounds liked people are talking from a bottom of a hole. Thanks on the accents.

I really like what you did with the paint on the interior. I am thinking about doing this during summer. And op the build is looking awesome. Looking forward to the build to come

Thanks. The main part was easy. The stenciling of the logos in black was a pita. Liking the end result though.

Op. What's up next on your build.
:subscribed

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks. The main part was easy. The stenciling of the logos in black was a pita. Liking the end result though.

Op. What's up next on your build.
:subscribed

Yea seems pretty tedious but looks good. Right now I'm saving up for wheels and tires. Got my eyes set on Interco Birddogs and either Toyo MT's or Trail Grapplers. But you know how things change. My suspension and axle shafts have been patiently waiting in the garage for me to install.

cbilyk23

winch plate

Great Looking jeep!:rock: I have a 10A, I was curious on what brand you went with for the winch plate on how to you like the smittybilt winch so far? the warn zeon isnt in the budget at the moment.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Great Looking jeep!:rock: I have a 10A, I was curious on what brand you went with for the winch plate on how to you like the smittybilt winch so far? the warn zeon isnt in the budget at the moment.

Thanks. I used the Maximus 3 winch plate. Install was easy and it's a clean look. I also just cut the factory filler trim between the bumper and grille instead of buying filler plates. I went with the winch due to budget as you said. So far I've only used it a handful of times but haven't had any issues. I know a few guys running the XRC series and they've held up to years of abuse. Woulda gone with the warn if the budget allowed though.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Today I finally got around to installing my front chromo axle shafts. Short side was kind of a bitch. First the axle nut didn't want to come off. Impact struggled for a bit which had me worried. Threads all looked good, weren't galled up or anything. All I can think is the factory went overboard on lock-tite on that side. Next, the yokes on the new shaft wouldn't fit through the knuckle. Had to clearance them a c-hair with the grinder. Didn't like doing that but I took off very little. Maybe like a mil on each side. Rather do that than drop the knuckle. Passenger side went smoothly, no issues. And now I have two complete trail spares! :rock:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455416393.183522.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455416412.180582.jpg

Tires and wheels are next on the docket. The Jeep should be growing up here in the next month or so. :thumb:

Top Bottom