Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Hey guys,

Figured I might as well throw this up. Gonna be a fairly slow progressing build but thought I'd share anyways and collect any pointers or comments. Pretty happy with the way the Jeep performs as is but why not make it better.

Fresh from the dealership
    IMG_1741.jpg

Kinda wanted to have a method to my madness and start with recovery and protection first but that antenna bugged me so it had to be the first to go.
    IMG_1814.jpg

Next was installing a set of PSC diff covers and JCR oil pan/tranny skid plate. Don't have any pics of the skid but you know what they look like right?
    IMG_1834.jpg

Only picture I have of the covers after install
    IMG_6110.jpg

After the diff covers I moved on to the winch. Just went with a Smittybilt X2O 10k which has served me well so far. I went back and forth on bumpers but finally decided to stick with the HR bumper for now. Probably will replace it in the future to aid in approach angle. I've also since replaced the hook with a ProLink.
    IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg

Figured for the time being I was okay on armor and recovery. I think the factory sliders will get me by until I'm ready to move up to big boy trails. I also installed a TeraFlex leveling kit to take care of the rake which was a little worse after the winch install. No pics of that but it's not much to look at anyways.
    Next I installed the EVO C2 gussets. Got the C's done but still haven't welded on the LCA skids. Once I got a good look at the factory C's, I see what everyone is talking about. Pretty pitiful. PR44 will be in the future but I figure I'll save up while this axle gets me by. Sorry for the poor pictures
    IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg

So that's where she sits now. Received a set of chromoly front shafts today so I'll be finding some time to install those. Thanks for dropping by.

Great looking so far

Looking good! Coming along nicely

15 Anvil JKUR HR Build

Thanks guys. So I think next will be a tire carrier. Planning on the AEV since its compatible with my stock bumper. Need some advice on wheels though. I don't want to run wheel spacers (not that I think anything is wrong with em, just don't wanna go that route) and don't think beadlocks are needed for my plans or for my budget. Anyone have thoughts or experiences with the Interco birddogs? Did a little searching around on here but couldn't find much. I'm planning on running 37" MTR's and these seem to fit the bill for backspacing and a little added bonus to keeping a bead. From my research, these having the 3.5 backspacing should keep my tires from rubbing. Comments or concerns are much appreciated.
    Last edited by Speedy_RCW; 09-26-2015 at 04:46 AM.

Mounted up my AEV tire carrier today. Install was a piece of cake. Getting the O-ring and spindle nut lined up was a little tricky but not bad. Pretty happy with it. It's definitely stout and shouldn't have any trouble holding a 37. The spare being a little off center will take a little getting used to but doesn't bother me too much. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445729688.390187.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1445729710.540015.jpg

Nice. My air exhaust would not stay in. I just got a tramp stamp.

Bored so I thought I'd throw this up since I referenced it in another thread. Installed the Rock Hard license plate relocation bracket and ORO LiteDOT 3rd brake/license plate light a couple weeks ago. Really all I've done while saving for the next mods.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448490855.436508.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448490870.998002.jpg

Ordered a JKS 3.5 kit with drag link flip and adj. front LCA's Monday though. Sucks it's gonna sit in boxes until I can get wheels and tires though. But at least it's some sort of progress. Hope you all have a good Thanksgiving.

Installing my CB this evening. Just wanted to show off my bottle cozy. This thing is the ticket when workin on the jeep. Just put your beer wherever.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453769076.110630.jpg

So I installed a Cobra 75WX ST and 3ft Firestick this evening. Also using the Cooltech Versamount which is pretty slick. As tuned as I could get was 1.75 on channel 1 and 40. Reading about 1.45 on channel 20. Does that sound satisfactory? Didn't have as much antenna above the roofline as I'd planned due to my mounting location changing. I guess I could always swap out for a 4ft antenna. Any thoughts or comments?
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453774188.537349.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453774206.136624.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453774224.522095.jpg

Been Around the Block littlered_jk's Avatar
    The versamount and cobra cb setup is great for us jeepers with limited space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast