Rubicat Back on 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may recall, Cindy and I took Moby's old 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers mounted on 20" ATX Slab and painted the rings Dozer Yellow so that we could run them on Rubicat. Unfortunately, things didn't work out as well as we would have wanted and quickly found that 3 of the 5 tires suffered from severe leaks. After breaking down the wheels again and doing a thorough inspection of the beads, we found that the problematic tires were installed improperly and had beads that were folded over in multiple locations. It would take multiple attempts (literally breaking the bead locks down about half a dozen times and reinstalling them) to mitigate these problem spots but, as of today, we now have a complete set of 5 tires all holding air! It's a bit dark out but, here are a few shots that we just took of what Rubicat looks like with her new shoes. Of course, with the sunset being so pretty again tonight, most of them are kind of redundant only taken with different lighting and from slightly different angles. :D

Just as the sky was starting to light up.
WALpaper-rubicatsunset-02.jpg

A few with the sky burning, rock lights on and at different angles
WALpaper-rubicatsunset-03.jpg

WALpaper-rubicatsunset-04.jpg

WALpaper-rubicatsunset-05.jpg

A couple with Rubicat's Truck-Lite LED headlights on.
WALpaper-rubicatsunset-06.jpg

WALpaper-rubicatsunset-07.jpg

And last but not least, Rubicat being put to bed for the night.
WALpaper-rubicatsunset-08.jpg

I'll try to post up more pics in the daylight tomorrow. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, here are a few more poser shots in full sun to give you a better look of things :cool:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

thardy

Banned
Man RubiCat looks AMAZING with that setup. Not to mention you couldn't have asked for better lighting! :thumb:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Dang Eddie must say that I love Rubicats new look the color match slabs look great and wonderful pics bud great job

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite color! Looks great guys!

Well of course it is :D
Thanks

Man RubiCat looks AMAZING with that setup. Not to mention you couldn't have asked for better lighting! :thumb:

Thank you and yeah, the sunsets up here have been crazy amazing all week long :crazyeyes:

Dang Eddie must say that I love Rubicats new look the color match slabs look great and wonderful pics bud great job

Thank you. While this isn't the first time we've run this setup on Rubicat, I think we've finally gotten the leaks worked out and I'm pretty sure we'll be sticking with it for a while. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WHAT? I can't hear you over the Mud Grapplers [emoji12]

:cheesy: Seriously!!! It's been a while since we've run Mud Grapplers and after taking her out for a test drive, I literally had to let off on the gas for a moment cause I thought I was hearing something funny :doh:
Of course, what I was hearing was the buzzing in my head like I was flying in a turbo prop plane :crazyeyes:
I think I'm going to have to make a recording of it and post it up :yup:

Those wheels and tires take RubiCat to another level. Looks great my friend.

Thanks, they really do kick things up a notch and I think they effectively make Rubicat the biggest Jeep in the stable.

That is a really sweet build. Like the dusk pictures too.

Thanks - it was really just luck that it worked out this way but, I'll take it :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Were you sick of the 5:38s and 37s? BTW I couldn't help but wonder which of your jeeps gets the best gas mileage (not including the renegade). LOL!

Top Bottom