Avoid Firewire LEDs

I'm not a fan of company bitch threads, but I do want to inform other potential buyers of products and companies to avoid when I have had problems.

In this case, it is Firewire LED. I learned about this company while watching Ian with project Lockjaw (Xtreme Off-Road). He used some LED headlight bulbs in an otherwise standard 7' globe.

This sparked my interest because I run my Honda lights (aka halos) and want to keep them which means keeping the factory globe. As luck would have it they had an H13 bulb available and after calling to confirm the module/controller attached to them would also stop CANBUS flicker, I ordered a set.

First impressions were great! The light pattern was smooth and they were very bright. The wife's Jeep has TruckLites and these performed better IMO overall. Unfortunately this impression was short lived. On my second drive at night I pulled into my shop and noticed a heavy flicker. Being distracted with preparing for the WAL Rockin' Rubicon Run I was not able to call and discuss the flicker before leaving for this trip.

Fast forward a bit, We are in South lake Tahoe and checking into the hotel and I hear my driver side light making a noise. The bulbs have a fan on them and it sounded like it was full of gravel. After tapping on the light it seemed to clear up. (Approx 4.5 hours of headlight use at this point)

The following morning I unlocked the Jeep and my headlights come on.... I noticed the passenger light is dim. WTF! I was headed to Eddie and Cindy's place, so I thought I could resolve it there and honestly hoped it was only a bad connection.

When we got to camp WAL Eddie let me have some dielectric grease and I tried my best to get the lights to work with no luck. Being that I was across the country and wanted working headlights I just picked up some Sylvania bulbs to finish up the trip.

As soon as I got home and caught my breath I called Firewire. At first they seemed very willing to get me a replacement set of lights but wanted me to try anther kind (one without a fan). Unfortunately, this bulb wasn't in stock but should be in a few days. A couple weeks go by and still no bulbs so I call again. They had forgot about me and the new bulb style still wasn't available. ....and this is pretty much where I stand except now they no longer return my calls at all.

So, $150 for LED lights that after 4.5 hours of operation have a flicker (not supposed to) one has a bad fan, and one is very dim. Still, what bothers me the most is not standing behind the product and delivering on their word.

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry about the issue but thanks for posting the awareness. It's bad enough having a poor product but when customer service intentionally puts you off, that's way worse.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Wow! Good to know. I was just looking at their site and comparing prices on light bars. (Also saw them on Xtreme 4X4) I think I'll look elsewhere :yup:

Is this where I'm supposed to get butt-hurt because my thread was moved :cheesy::cheesy:

Kidding... Thanks for correcting my wrong, I wasn't sure where to put this. It's not a thread type I've done or hope to do again.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
That sucks. So are these a full headlight assembly for 150.00 or just a led replacement bulb? I'm sure they paid Ian's show a hefty lump sum of money to pimp their product. It's all about marketing.

That sucks. So are these a full headlight assembly for 150.00 or just a led replacement bulb? I'm sure they paid Ian's show a hefty lump sum of money to pimp their product. It's all about marketing.

The $150 is for the bulbs only. I reused the stock globe. (and thank goodness since I needed to put regular bulbs back in)

This is what I got...
2014_09_28_12.58.50__95225.1411924141.1280.1280.jpg

Top Bottom