Alignment advice

toxicwaste29

My jeep has been handling badly for close to a year now and I just now had time to take it in for my alignment specs (attached). It has 3.5" lift. The camber isn't to far off, the caster is off one degree from each side (does this matter/ is the axle bent), the toe I have measured it out to 1/8" in but the specs are showing close to 1/2" if I'm not mistaken. Any idea what might be wrong causing it to handle badly. All my joints are good. Thanks for the advice.

I'm mobile and the phone is showing the picture right side up and its uploading upside down. Sorry.

Attachments

• 1443804745970.jpg
    1443804745970.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 136

toxicwaste29

Extremely bad bumpsteer. Hit a bump and it wants to go across the highway right away. Even does it going about 35 and hitting bumps. I already have a raised track bar mount and drag link flip.

WJCO

Meme King
Your caster is a degree different, so I would fix that no matter what. Assuming you have adjustable arms. Then recheck your issue. The symptom your describing is more typical of a loose part though, trackbar maybe? When you hit a bump, any play that is there is taken up and your vehicle steering gets fixed in that position until you correct it. No matter what though, get the caster angle fixed. Camber has to be pretty bad on one side to create a pull and honestly, not sure you can adjust camber on a Jeep without adjustable ball joints. That's where I would start. Any reputable alignment shop will fix your toe regardless.

gary2

Adjustable arms wont get you a degree of caster on one side with a straight axle . That will only bind up all of the arms in an attempt to correct it that way. Camber is out of whack also . Looks like something may be something bent or a bunch of bad ball joints.

2011jk

You cannot adjust castor on one side using adj arms, impossible to twist the axle tube...you could using Ball joint eccentrics if available.
Many vehicles have cross castor built in, IMO thats not his issue.

Bump steer has nothing to do with castor.

Ant's JK

I have the same issue if I hit a bump my steering wheel shims all over I thought it was normal.

toxicwaste29

I am able to live with 1* off if it isnt the issue. I do have adjustable arms but by the sounds of it I cant mess with them anymore. I do know the lengths match between the pairs as they should. Everything is tight in the suspension. I do know the steering box backlash has been messed with before by others but don't know if a bad steering box could be the issue.

Top Bottom