Bump stop question

jkwebbie

So I got the 3" enforcer lift for my Jeep. Since I have a 2 door, it gave me just over 4" of lift. My question is, will I be fine with the 3" bumpstops or should I get 4" ones? Thanks for the help guys?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I got the 3" enforcer lift for my Jeep. Since I have a 2 door, it gave me just over 4" of lift. My question is, will I be fine with the 3" bumpstops or should I get 4" ones? Thanks for the help guys?

You'll need to flex it out to find out but it might work if you've trimmed things up. I am running 3 1/4" lift and only have 2" bump stops.

jkwebbie

You'll need to flex it out to find out but it might work if you've trimmed things up. I am running 3 1/4" lift and only have 2" bump stops.

Ok thanks bud! I haven't had mine flexed all the way yet where I've hit the bumpstops, but I'll check it out this weekend when I have some free time and see

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rule of thumb is to have "about" as much bump stop extension as you have lift but you should be fine.

JakeJK

At what point should I worry about my shocks and coils becoming over compressed as opposed to my tires rubbing fenders? Or is that not really normally a problem? I'm still running stock tires on a RK 2.5 stock mod but netted more like 3.25

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At what point should I worry about my shocks and coils becoming over compressed as opposed to my tires rubbing fenders? Or is that not really normally a problem? I'm still running stock tires on a RK 2.5 stock mod but netted more like 3.25

Ultimately, you want to prevent your coils from going solid. This is a state where all the winds of the coil are making contact. At that point, you most likely have over compressed them. This is not to say that coming close to this point wouldn't do the same. That being said, you would want your bump stops to make full contact before your shocks bottom out. Both of these things are more important than fender rub.

JakeJK

Ultimately, you want to prevent your coils from going solid. This is a state where all the winds of the coil are making contact. At that point, you most likely have over compressed them. This is not to say that coming close to this point wouldn't do the same. That being said, you would want your bump stops to make full contact before your shocks bottom out. Both of these things are more important than fender rub.

So I'd be best off going and flexing it until it gets close to those boundaries then getting bumpstops that would fill the gap?

Top Bottom