Coilovers wont go low enough

Jtmw

Hey everyone I've been trying to lower my coilovers on my two door. I can't seem to get my coilovers to the 3.5'' range for that matter under 5''. I cant seem to figure it out Here are some pics of where the rings are set and the measurements. I am using the measurement found here on Wayalife from the bottom of the coil bucket to to the top of ring of the coil bucket. Not sure how I need to approach it. I sent Mel some pictures tonight, he told me to check with my retailer (NR4X4). Anyone got any ideas. Its not bound up or anything just seems like my Jeep doesnt weigh enough.

IMG_4850.jpg
IMG_4851.jpg
IMG_4853.jpg

Hobolobo

Truthfully I wish I hadn't done Coilovers yet! I wasn't fully prepared for all that comes with the height I got.

Sounds like a good reason to buy the rest so it all works nice together. It looks to me like your jeep isnt heavy enough.

jeeper52

LOSER
Hey everyone I've been trying to lower my coilovers on my two door. I can't seem to get my coilovers to the 3.5'' range for that matter under 5''. I cant seem to figure it out Here are some pics of where the rings are set and the measurements. I am using the measurement found here on Wayalife from the bottom of the coil bucket to to the top of ring of the coil bucket. Not sure how I need to approach it. I sent Mel some pictures tonight, he told me to check with my retailer (NR4X4). Anyone got any ideas. Its not bound up or anything just seems like my Jeep doesnt weigh enough.

View attachment 168300
View attachment 168301
View attachment 168302

You might need to switch out the springs for a softer set. How long have you had them? Maybe not totally broke in yet?

Jtmw

You might need to switch out the springs for a softer set. How long have you had them? Maybe not totally broke in yet?

its been a few months. Ive thought about softer springs but according to others it shouldnt take that.

noroad

How long have u had them installed? Coilovers will take a small amount of time to settle just fyi!

Jtmw

Just was checking on here before I called in the morning. Wasn't sure if it was a bigger deal than that. Thanks all

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cozdude runs the same setup as you, and I dont think his sits that high but Im not sure where his front rings are set at.

Top Bottom