Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Mounted light bar yesterday. Planning on wiring it today or tomorrow. Light bar is Eyourlife from ebay (did silicone mod already). Wiring is from Rigid Industries.

light bar (1).jpglight bar (2).jpglight bar (3).jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Finished light bar wiring. For less than 150 bucks total. I'm happy with this thing. Been raining for 2 days straight, no water intrusion so far.

WIRING (3).JPGWIRING (5).jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

What size did you go with on you lightbar? Just read through everything in your build thread. Coming along well for sure.
    "After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

"The hosts of Heaven stand at attention as we make our way from earth to glory, and Satan's BB guns are no match for God's heavy artillery." Billy Graham

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25682624@N06/

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrw30 View Post
    What size did you go with on you lightbar? Just read through everything in your build thread. Coming along well for sure.
    Thanks. I've enjoyed building it. I went with a 42. It fits just perfect on the roof rack bars. If you end up doing something similar, hit me up if you need some tips. I made my own brackets for mounting it and ran wiring down the windshield rubber.

With the prices on their bars it is hard not to. Definitely on my list and I liked the pictures you showed me of the brackets you made. I will definitely hit you up whenever the time comes. Probably going to be a bit but definitely on my list.

Is this the one you ordered?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyourlife-24...ZV5mQD&vxp=mtr
    Last edited by jamesrw30; 10-27-2015 at 07:10 PM.
    "After you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." 1 Peter 5:10

"The hosts of Heaven stand at attention as we make our way from earth to glory, and Satan's BB guns are no match for God's heavy artillery." Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrw30 View Post
    With the prices on their bars it is hard not to. Definitely on my list and I liked the pictures you showed me of the brackets you made. I will definitely hit you up whenever the time comes. Probably going to be a bit but definitely on my list.

Is this the one you ordered?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyourlife-24...ZV5mQD&vxp=mtr
    Yep, that's the one. It does not come with wiring though. I got the wiring from Rigid for like 30 bucks. I don't remember the part #, but just look at the wiring for a similar light bar on their site. Rigid's light is almost the identical specs to the eyourlife. The only thing I didn't like about the harness is that the switch wiring itself was very short, I had to extend it to make it work.

Good to know. Thank you very much for the help. Definitely going to add this to my list on ebay and hopefully get there sometime.

Knows a Thing or Two Goldeneagle1LC's Avatar
    Did you do any thing to the head lights? My low beams suck. High beams are ok. Its just a daily driver but out where I live it still gets really dark.

I wanna see the photos of you shoving the 10 pounds of shit into the 5 pound bag, i.e., you installing the winch rope onto the drum of your Zeon!
    I'm going to attempt that tomorrow. Looks like lotsa fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle1LC View Post
    Did you do any thing to the head lights? My low beams suck. High beams are ok. Its just a daily driver but out where I live it still gets really dark.
    I didn't mess with the headlights. I did get a generic buffing wheel kit for my drill at Sears that came with rubbing compound. I cleaned them up and that definitely helped, but I agree the low beams suck. Most of the other guys with WJs say they've cleaned them 3-4 times and eventually replacing them was the only thing that helped.

Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast