WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Ok. So I'll start a build thread. This will start out as an 'already built' thread as most of the work is done already. Rather than caption each photo, I'll add a bunch of text here to begin with. Did a Zone 4" short arm lift, BFG MTs 255/75R17, roof rack, rough country winch mount, with Warn Zeon 8s, customized a generic grill guard to go around the winch mount, added Warn lights, DIY tire carrier with high lift mount, OME steering stabilizer in a beginner's attempt to fix DW (which I just now found was a seized axle side track bar bolt that never torqued down right, see the shiny bolt in the picture), Off road armor sliders (Built here in CO), DIY air intake (I did not want to run an open filter on the Jeep, but had to modify air system due to relocating washer bottle) The WJ washer bottles are in front of the LF tire, stupid design. Herculiner interior, isimple MP3 aux input with USB charging port, Full LED interior, new rear tail lights with 1500 lumen(claimed) reverse lights, buttload of tools in my spare tire well now that tire is outside vehicle, Custom Jeep logo'd 3rd brake light decal, And of course the WAYALIFE fender decals. I think that's all for now.

jeep (8).jpg jeep (19).JPG jeep (18).jpg jeep (17).jpg jeep (16).jpg jeep (15).jpg jeep (14).jpg jeep (13).jpg jeep (12).jpg jeep (20).jpg jeep (21).jpg jeep (22).jpg jeep (1).jpg jeep (2).jpg jeep (3).jpg jeep (4).jpg jeep (5).jpg jeep (6).jpg jeep (7).jpg jeep (11).jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Great seeing a WJ build thread here. Look forward to following any new modifications you make to it :thumb:

wschilawski

Great looking build so far - I saw that you installed the Bilsteins; you won't be disappointed with those. I ran the ProComp ES9000's when I had the WJ but were pretty stiff.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the feedback. I'm anxious to get them out on the trail and try them out.

WJCO

Meme King
eyourlife Light bar

Working on the light bar. It's loosely up there as I'm building the mounts. But this is a rough idea of what it will look like. Cheapa$$ light bar, it is what it is. Still for 60 bucks, it ain't bad. I -already took it apart and ran silicon over all seams. I'm getting the wiring harness from Rigid sometime next week. Sorry about the crappy night photos, and Jeep is really dirty too.

DSC02343.jpg DSC02341.jpg DSC02340.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Mounted light bar yesterday. Planning on wiring it today or tomorrow. Light bar is Eyourlife from ebay (did silicone mod already). Wiring is from Rigid Industries.

light bar (1).jpg light bar (2).jpg light bar (3).jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Finished light bar wiring. For less than 150 bucks total. I'm happy with this thing. Been raining for 2 days straight, no water intrusion so far.

WIRING (3).JPG WIRING (5).jpg

jamesrw30

What size did you go with on you lightbar? Just read through everything in your build thread. Coming along well for sure.

WJCO

Meme King
What size did you go with on you lightbar? Just read through everything in your build thread. Coming along well for sure.

Thanks. I've enjoyed building it. I went with a 42. It fits just perfect on the roof rack bars. If you end up doing something similar, hit me up if you need some tips. I made my own brackets for mounting it and ran wiring down the windshield rubber.

WJCO

Meme King
With the prices on their bars it is hard not to. Definitely on my list and I liked the pictures you showed me of the brackets you made. I will definitely hit you up whenever the time comes. Probably going to be a bit but definitely on my list.

Is this the one you ordered?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyourlife-2...ash=item419df1be1c:g:eQoAAOSwLVZV5mQD&vxp=mtr

Yep, that's the one. It does not come with wiring though. I got the wiring from Rigid for like 30 bucks. I don't remember the part #, but just look at the wiring for a similar light bar on their site. Rigid's light is almost the identical specs to the eyourlife. The only thing I didn't like about the harness is that the switch wiring itself was very short, I had to extend it to make it work.

jamesrw30

Good to know. Thank you very much for the help. Definitely going to add this to my list on ebay and hopefully get there sometime.

Did you do any thing to the head lights? My low beams suck. High beams are ok. Its just a daily driver but out where I live it still gets really dark.

Ddays

Hooked
I wanna see the photos of you shoving the 10 pounds of shit into the 5 pound bag, i.e., you installing the winch rope onto the drum of your Zeon!
I'm going to attempt that tomorrow. Looks like lotsa fun!

WJCO

Meme King
Did you do any thing to the head lights? My low beams suck. High beams are ok. Its just a daily driver but out where I live it still gets really dark.

I didn't mess with the headlights. I did get a generic buffing wheel kit for my drill at Sears that came with rubbing compound. I cleaned them up and that definitely helped, but I agree the low beams suck. Most of the other guys with WJs say they've cleaned them 3-4 times and eventually replacing them was the only thing that helped.

Top Bottom