Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151
Results 1,501 to 1,507 of 1507

Thread: WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Quote Originally Posted by Stotch View Post
    Yikes, looks like you may have your work cut out for you there. Like you haven't worked hard enough on this issue already!

I hope you get this all worked out; unfortunately the most help I can be is to say: Good luck!
    Thanks. I hope to have it fixed soon. Getting closer, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I hope I get this thing figured out too. Yesterday, I ran into a tech I used to work with and I trust him. We had a long talk and the Jeep was with me for him to look at. He use to work a at a Jeep dealer and knows these systems fairly well. His gut feeling is the radiator but sees the condensor being a possibility too, especially when I told him that it blew refrigerant out when I bypassed the high-pressure switch. He's doing some research now and we may just do an evac and recharge at his shop just for preventative to see where we're at.

He thinks if it's the radiator, it's likely on the end of it's life or just plugged enough to operate cooling system, then on a hot day, the heat from the condensor puts the radiator out of it's capability and all these symptoms occur, the radiator then gets hotter which makes the condensor hotter (next to each other) thus increasing the AC pressures and both systems start acting up. The only thing leading him away from the condensor is that AC cools fine when it's not as hot outside, no issues at all. He also finds the whole thing very strange that when revving up the engine, all issues go away and everything is fine. Driving me nuts! Both parts are not cheap and very labor intensive, that part sucks too.

Here's a pic I found online of basically what needs to be removed to do either (the radiator saves a few steps), along with a winch, grill guard, and lights on mine.
    If it isn't this, you're kind of running out of things to try. Hopefully it fixes your problem.

Sounds like it's time for an LS

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    If it isn't this, you're kind of running out of things to try. Hopefully it fixes your problem.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    Sounds like it's time for an LS
    There's an idea

ORRRR,

Doug could trade in his WJ for Compromise 2.0
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Got the ARB breather kit installed. Very easy.

Attachment 269806

Appears the ARB breather kit is working so far. Did some water crossings last weekend that would have covered the diffs. I checked the fluid in the axles and tcase tonight and they're at the same level as before the run. I'll keep checking after a few runs. Sure would be nice to not have to change fluid after every water run.

Appears the ARB breather kit is working so far. Did some water crossings last weekend that would have covered the diffs. I checked the fluid in the axles and tcase tonight and they're at the same level as before the run. I'll keep checking after a few runs. Sure would be nice to not have to change fluid after every water run.
    One less thing to worry about. Seems like a good upgrade

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151