Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1507

Thread: WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Nothing but a Thing BaddestCross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Lol. I may be soon following that path on the WJ. I don't want to throw parts at it, but my gut feeling is it's the condensor. That's an expensive and time-consuming part to gamble on.
    Everything else considered, you're probably headed in the right direction. A cheap next step would be to evacuate the system and pull a good vacuum to make sure there aren't any non-condensables in the system, recharge it and see if it still acts up.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    --
    Build Thread: Adventures with Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Everything else considered, you're probably headed in the right direction. A cheap next step would be to evacuate the system and pull a good vacuum to make sure there aren't any non-condensables in the system, recharge it and see if it still acts up.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    With the cost of a vacuum pump and gauges, I may just have a shop do that, lol. I would have to take it to them regardless to capture the refrigerant.

With the cost of a vacuum pump and gauges, I may just have a shop do that, lol. I would have to take it to them regardless to capture the refrigerant.
    Yeah, I figured if you didn't have gauges that you wouldn't have a pump. I just meant that shouldn't be a huge cost to have the service done. 👍

--
    --

Could you rent a vacuum pump from a local auto parts store? I did this several years back, but I don't know if you can still rent them.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Yeah, I figured if you didn't have gauges that you wouldn't have a pump. I just meant that shouldn't be a huge cost to have the service done. 👍

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Clowe View Post
    Could you rent a vacuum pump from a local auto parts store? I did this several years back, but I don't know if you can still rent them.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Harbor freight has them for like 20 bucks, so that's no big deal, but a shop will do an evacuation and recharge properly and legally and a pressure check for about 100 bucks. To me, it's worth paying the shop to do the whole thing on something like that compared to buying the tools myself.

Harbor freight has them for like 20 bucks, so that's no big deal, but a shop will do an evacuation and recharge properly and legally and a pressure check for about 100 bucks. To me, it's worth paying the shop to do the whole thing on something like that compared to buying the tools myself.
    Agreed. And they'll probably be able to tell if there's a problem with the condenser at the same time.

I just hope you can put this overheating issue to bed soon. It's got to be frustrating for you.

--
    --

Stop being cheap and buy some gauges already!

Seriously tho, it does still sound like the condenser is internally clogged like I said the other day, especially since it's cycling so much. Hope you figure it out
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Stop being cheap and buy some gauges already!

Seriously tho, it does still sound like the condenser is internally clogged like I said the other day, especially since it's cycling so much. Hope you figure it out
    I hope I get this thing figured out too. Yesterday, I ran into a tech I used to work with and I trust him. We had a long talk and the Jeep was with me for him to look at. He use to work a at a Jeep dealer and knows these systems fairly well. His gut feeling is the radiator but sees the condensor being a possibility too, especially when I told him that it blew refrigerant out when I bypassed the high-pressure switch. He's doing some research now and we may just do an evac and recharge at his shop just for preventative to see where we're at.

He thinks if it's the radiator, it's likely on the end of it's life or just plugged enough to operate cooling system, then on a hot day, the heat from the condensor puts the radiator out of it's capability and all these symptoms occur, the radiator then gets hotter which makes the condensor hotter (next to each other) thus increasing the AC pressures and both systems start acting up. The only thing leading him away from the condensor is that AC cools fine when it's not as hot outside, no issues at all. He also finds the whole thing very strange that when revving up the engine, all issues go away and everything is fine. Driving me nuts! Both parts are not cheap and very labor intensive, that part sucks too.

Here's a pic I found online of basically what needs to be removed to do either (the radiator saves a few steps), along with a winch, grill guard, and lights on mine.

IMG-20121111-00343.jpg
    Last edited by WJCO; 09-14-2017 at 11:32 AM.

I hope I get this thing figured out too. Yesterday, I ran into a tech I used to work with and I trust him. We had a long talk and the Jeep was with me for him to look at. He use to work a at a Jeep dealer and knows these systems fairly well. His gut feeling is the radiator but sees the condensor being a possibility too, especially when I told him that it blew refrigerant out when I bypassed the high-pressure switch. He's doing some research now and we may just do an evac and recharge at his shop just for preventative to see where we're at.

He thinks if it's the radiator, it's likely on the end of it's life or just plugged enough to operate cooling system, then on a hot day, the heat from the condensor puts the radiator out of it's capability and all these symptoms occur, the radiator then gets hotter which makes the condensor hotter (next to each other) thus increasing the AC pressures and both systems start acting up. The only thing leading him away from the condensor is that AC cools fine when it's not as hot outside, no issues at all. He also finds the whole thing very strange that when revving up the engine, all issues go away and everything is fine. Driving me nuts! Both parts are not cheap and very labor intensive, that part sucks too.
    That does seem very logical and could be a possibility. Curious to see how it turns out
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Here's a pic I found online of basically what needs to be removed to do either (the radiator saves a few steps), along with a winch, grill guard, and lights on mine.
    Yikes, looks like you may have your work cut out for you there. Like you haven't worked hard enough on this issue already!

I hope you get this all worked out; unfortunately the most help I can be is to say: Good luck!

Page 150 of 151 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151 LastLast