Thread: Pine Barrens First Timer Questions

Been Around the Block tonytony9's Avatar

Pine Barrens First Timer Questions

Hey forum!

Would like to take a my first trip out to the Pine Barrens in late October. Both myself and my dad are bringing are JKU DD's and will be hitting the easy/beginner trails.

Are there any permits of paperwork that has to be filled out? Any recommendations are trails/areas to hit? We want to be able to hit some good trails but then also drive the long trip back home.

All I have to tell you is avoid the water like the plague. Those holes are a lot deeper than they look. As far as anything else goes I don't know and don't want to know. I personally would rather see you make the trek to Rausch creek and run there green trails instead but that's just me
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I 2'nd the Rausch Creek idea... Let me know if you decide to head down

Been Around the Block ProtocolJK's Avatar
    I'll 3rd Rausch creek. Most of the pine barrens have recently been shut down to off-roading.

I don't even believe the pine barrens are legal to ride. Not that people don't just no official areas that are strictly for jeeps. Rausch creek is a way better idea you can even take and intro class there.

4th on the Rausch recommendation
    The build of "Equinso-Ocha", aka White Devil:
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...White-Devil%29

Nothing but a Thing Mountainjk10's Avatar
    Where do you live in Jersey? I assume you want to go to Wharton St Forest.

Wharton can be fun but its big. You can really get lost out there if you dont know where to go. Secondly, like Coz said, water can be alot deeper than it looks. You may find yourself turning around alot. And probably most important, stay off of posted trails. There has been a major shutdown of the forest due to "illegal offroad activity" They will fine you if caught. Take the extra trip and go to Rausch Creek.

The trails that are there are very tight and you will be scratching the hell out of your paint just a heads up I went there once and won't go back there again with the new jeep ...