Leaking Steering Stabilizer Warranty

mastrcruse

Had a quick question for Rancho. Was hoping to get clarification on warranty terms for a steering stabilizer? I have your steering stabilizer on my '14 JKU and it was discovered surfing an alignment that it was leaking. I've had it for less that a year so was wondering if there's a warranty on it. Thanks!

Also, this is not a thread to bash. I've had your 9000xl shocks on for 2 years and recommend them to everyone. They have been an AWESOME shock!

BaddestCross

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but figured there was no need to start a new one... I purchased a RS5000 stabilizer through 4WP earlier this year and it started leaking the other day. 4WP is handling a warranty exchange, so no problem there. My question is this:

In the install guide it states to tip the tie rod bracket forward but it seemed to me that by doing that it placed a lot of stress on the stabilizer. Now that it's failed, I'm wondering if that is why? Is there a reason that it can't be mounted so that it's directly on top of the tie rod to relieve said stress on the stabilizer?

I have installed the Currie Currectlync steering components and am utilizing their tie rod bracket after installing your stabilizer on my original OEM components if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide... Love your products and am hoping that something can be done to prevent any future failures.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but figured there was no need to start a new one... I purchased a RS5000 stabilizer through 4WP earlier this year and it started leaking the other day. 4WP is handling a warranty exchange, so no problem there. My question is this:

In the install guide it states to tip the tie rod bracket forward but it seemed to me that by doing that it placed a lot of stress on the stabilizer. Now that it's failed, I'm wondering if that is why? Is there a reason that it can't be mounted so that it's directly on top of the tie rod to relieve said stress on the stabilizer?

I have installed the Currie Currectlync steering components and am utilizing their tie rod bracket after installing your stabilizer on my original OEM components if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide... Love your products and am hoping that something can be done to prevent any future failures.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Can you post a picture? Also, and chance it's slightly bent from wheeling? That may cause it to leak as well. We have the same one on ours I think, I'll try to find a picture. No issues so far and it's driven daily.

Ours is pretty much parallel with the tie rod and up on top of it. I do remember having to bend the bolt upward where it meets the track bar bracket. I just slightly bent it to keep the stabilizer shock from rubbing on the tie rod.

1006171226.jpg

1006171227.jpg

1006171228.jpg

Last edited:

BaddestCross

Can you post a picture? Also, and chance it's slightly bent from wheeling? That may cause it to leak as well. We have the same one on ours I think, I'll try to find a picture. No issues so far and it's driven daily.
Since it's above the tie rod now, it hasn't taken any hits. I've got the boot on it, so it'll be hard to tell if the shaft is bent until I take it off to exchange it. I'll take a photo of how I have it mounted and post it up in a bit.

--

BaddestCross

Ours is pretty much parallel with the tie rod and up on top of it. I do remember having to bend the bolt upward where it meets the track bar bracket. I just slightly bent it to keep the stabilizer shock from rubbing on the tie rod.

View attachment 278684

View attachment 278685

View attachment 278686
Yeah, just saw your photos. You've got yours tipped back so the stabilizer is straight. The way I read the install instructions it said to angle the tie rod bracket forward which twists the bushings and puts stress on the shock's shaft. I just figured they knew what they were talking about and did what it said to do.

--

BaddestCross

Damn, just realized you added more text when you added your photos. 😩

Okay, you've installed yours the way that logic told me I should've installed mine. Not sure why the instructions said to tip it forward on the tie rod.

Glad to hear you've had no issues... When the new one arrives, I'll swivel the bracket back to make the shock more parallel to the tie rod and hopefully won't have this issue again. 👍

--

WJCO

Meme King
The tipping forward maybe for certain clearance, etc. When we originally did it with no lift, everything was tight in there.

Top Bottom