Apple Carplay?

allwhitejeeps

I was just reading an article about apple's new feature on the new generation iphones. I went to my settings and saw that I have the ability to connect to carplay. However, has anyone tried it out or know if it is available on Jeeps yet?

JAGS

Hooked
You need a carplay enabled entertainment system. Current jeeps are not compatible. Maybe the 16s???

Beyond that, who knows. Jeep can't even fucking decide if there will be a soft top option or removable doors. LOL

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The old 430s and 730s don't have and wont have any decent features. Chrysler will keep recycling them until the new wrangler redesign, at which point it will most likely get the same system as Renegade.

Alpine already has a unit specifically designed for the wrangler. If I was buying my wrangler now, I'd skip the $2000 730 and get this.

http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/jeep-wrangler-radio-x009-wra

Last edited:

Bmoore0429

I replaced my stock unit with a Pioneer AVH4100NEX. It's the lower end of their CarPlay enabled systems and one hell of a good unit. It supports Spotify in CarPlay as well. I picked it up open box at Best Buy for 400. I would replace it at full price of 700 if I had to. It's that good.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The old units (430/730) will stream whatever your phone is playing through bluetooth, which is what I use, youtube (for howard stern), pandora, etc all work just fine with my iphone over bluetooth.

JAGS

Hooked
I replaced my stock unit with a Pioneer AVH4100NEX. It's the lower end of their CarPlay enabled systems and one hell of a good unit. It supports Spotify in CarPlay as well. I picked it up open box at Best Buy for 400. I would replace it at full price of 700 if I had to. It's that good.

Does this unit also have nav? Though I've read/seen with CarPlay, you can run apple maps via the phone sync. Not sure if that is based on the system though.

allwhitejeeps

Does this unit also have nav? Though I've read/seen with CarPlay, you can run apple maps via the phone sync. Not sure if that is based on the system though.

You have the ability I your unit is CarPlay accessible to use Apple maps through the phone or you can use the units navigation.

Bmoore0429

It uses Apple Maps out of the box. I have heard that the Pioneer NAV module is great but I won't be purchasing the add-on. I believe the upper end models have NAV standard.

Top Bottom