Picked up a new WK2 Grand Cherokee

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Finally got the JK sold and picked up a new Black Forest Green 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, 3.6L Penastar, Quadratrac II, Uconnect 130 Bluetooth, Sirrius Sat radio, security & convenience package(remote start and a few oter things). I ordered the factory hitch and wire harness since they didn't have any Grands on the lot with the tow package that weren't $52k Overlands. Also just bough a set of the 20" wheels and tires off the '13 Overland on ebay since I do love those wheels. I'm a huge fan of the new ability to stream music from my iphone via bluetooth, and the center console usb is a great place to leave my old ipod and forget about it, since I can control it from the head unit, unlike my RER MyGig unit. Only thing I need is Nav. Currently shopping for a 430N head unit to swap in. I love the 3.6L engine and W5A580 trans. It's seamless power, not sluggish at all, and very quiet. I'm averaging 18.4 mpg mix of mostly city/some hwy according to the display. So far I LOVE this vehicle. Got a screaming deal on it as well, which makes it even sweeter. Onto the pics!

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

And the reason I had to sell the JK.

DSC00241.jpg

I'm finally heading to Afghanistan on Friday next week. When I get home, I'm going to buy a new JK Unlimited Rubicon, hopefully a crush orange one with the nice tan leather seats, fully loaded. Hopefully they put the 8 speed auto behind the 3.6L in 2014. So I won't be out of a JK for long.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your new ride and again, the addition to your family. Be safe overseas and come back soon so that you can get your new JK :thumb:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
Congrats on your new ride and again, the addition to your family. Be safe overseas and come back soon so that you can get your new JK :thumb:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting home, so I can buy something not so low to the ground! Lol.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Congrats on the purchase and the little bundle of joy! Be safe and if you want to sell the HU in the grand I may be interested.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
OverlanderJK said:
Congrats on the purchase and the little bundle of joy! Be safe and if you want to sell the HU in the grand I may be interested.

Thanks. If I find a 430N to swap it out with ill let you know. Not sure if you know, you'd still have to have a separate unconnect module to use the Bluetooth features.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Okay, I will look into it. I just have the basic HU right now and I want something better with Sat, bluetooth and all that jazz.

nacho

the whole Chrysler family has stepped up its game. My mom bought a wk2 overland summit when I bought my JK. There isnt a german SUV that has a thing on it for class and style. I am very happy how Chrysler has been updating its vehicles. Once my JK is paid off it is time to get a Ram for a tow rig, I miss having a pickup.

MikeLisa

When I got my new JK my wife traded her Liberty for a WK2

Attachments

• image-3371607655.jpg
    image-3371607655.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 37
Top Bottom