FACE OFF - Jeep JK Wrangler vs. Willys CJ3B

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to imagine that the Jeep JK Wrangler as we know it today originated from the humble little Willys CJ or "Civilian Jeep" way back in the 1940's. Born out of necessity, the Jeep has over the years grown in size, has become more capable and more comfortable and is without question, a lot safer to drive. Of course, this is to say nothing about all the new aftermarket products that are now available to help make them even more then they are right off the showroom floor. Thinking about all this, Cindy and I thought it would be fun to highlight just how far we've come and did so by taking a few face off photos between Rubicat, our highly modified 2012 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited sitting on coil overs and 40x15.50 tires and Pappy, our bone stock 1954 Willys CJ3B sitting on factory leaf springs and 600x16 tires. What a difference! :cool:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Now for the real question, which would you rather have? :cool:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Pappy! I am looking forward to the day that I can get my hands on some old iron like that. Still so awesome that you were able to find it and in a close color to RubiCat. :yup:

Thats awesome Eddie. Im probably gonna be the odd man out, but id take Rubicat hands down, and without hesitation. Nostalgic vehicles are definately cool to me, but id only own one if there just wasnt any other voids to fill.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I say both of em [emoji3]
It's really amazing the amount of history between those two

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Love to have Pappy, but I would pick Rubicat without hesitation. We are thinking about adding 2nd JK to our garage.

TLC Offroad

I would take pappy, but I need the Browning Option on it :yup:

Rubicat is a great ride even without the Browning and I bet rides a little better on my old back.

Sessoms14X

These face off photos are so awesome! I'd have to go with Pappy. I've been dying to get my CJ2A project started. Love the Willys.

Ddays

Hooked
LOL - was there a little puddle that came out of Pappy's tailpipe having to go nose to nose with Rubicat?

I'd take Rubicat without any hesitation.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I clicked on the thread thinking it was going to be about a Nicolas Cage movie. BTW-I never knew that's what CJ stood for, or if I did, I had forgotten.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Thats awesome Eddie. Im probably gonna be the odd man out, but id take Rubicat hands down, and without hesitation. Nostalgic vehicles are definately cool to me, but id only own one if there just wasnt any other voids to fill.

Id take rubicat over papy as well. I like the looks of a JK better than almost any other wrangler or CJ now. I love how they handle on road as well as offroad (what little Ive done) compared to others. If it were an offroad only rig I might go CJ or YJ but would still try to justify the JK, lol. Plus a fatass like me cant drive anything smaller than a CJ7 so Pappy would be out. LOL.

Top Bottom