Do Springs normally rest against the C-Gussets?

jorgelrod

Hooked
I figure they are plenty to beefy and they won't bend, but I'm curious if that's how everybody else's end up
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444662395.417210.jpg

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Pretty sure that's normal I seem to recall mine sitting that way and they were installed by ORE

BertaNation

I have been told mine were installed upside down. What do yall think. This pick was taken by the shop that installed them

Attachments

• 1444678159858.jpg
    1444678159858.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 247

BertaNation

Nope I actually just figured it out the other day. Had them on for about 4mo. Is there actually something the shop could do

jeeeep

Hooked
This is the reply I got from the shop when I asked them about it

in other words, they aren't experienced enough to not destroy the ball joints let alone understand the concept of how the C's function :doh:

Every C I've seen bent over the last 30+ years has always been the top, this also includes muscle cars when we'd put wide tires on them because they were chick magnets and looked cool lol.

I had my C's welded on at my local muffler shop, they protected the ball joints, pre-painted the gussets with weldable primer to keep them from rusting before welding them on and painted them black when they were done :thumb:

Top Bottom