Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much is too much?

How much is too much?

I'm talking about the distance between your tire and fender at level stance. I've been wanting to chop my fenders for a while but haven't because I'm concerned the gap between the top of my tire and the flat fender will dwarf my 35's.
    My current lift is a Trail Master 3.5" lift, which yielded me about 4.25" on my two door. Wheels are 17" Rubicon take offs and 35x12.50 BFG KM2's.

What do you consider too much "open space"?

Anyone running a similar lift height/tire set up with flat fenders?

Here are are few pics of my set up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is a personal opinion...but I think if you cut the fenders it will make your jeep look like a roller skate. That is a lot of lift just for 35's...cutting the fenders will make it worse.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

I'd say you have the perfect amount of space, my jk has a 4 inch lift and 37's but my rockers and front & rear bumpers weight it down a little. I ended up cutting mine because it was rubbing in the rear and cutting into the tire, I'd say it opened mine up about 6-8 inches

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    This is a personal opinion...but I think if you cut the fenders it will make your jeep look like a roller skate. That is a lot of lift just for 35's...cutting the fenders will make it worse.
    What he said ^^^. Well, that is unless you like the 1980's sky high look.

4" of lift or more is just way too much lift for just a set of 35's. Hell, I run a set of 40's with just 3.5" of lift.

I think it looks good as it sits now. I wouldn't chop the fenders.
    2008 2DR RED ROCK X

-
    I vote no on cutting. Looks better now

Nothing but a Thing mudmobeeler's Avatar
    I say no cutting here also. If you did cut them, I think it would be too much space between the fender and tire and look goofy. Unless you cut them on purpose to make yourself buy 37s.
    2014 JKUR named NORDNDD.

Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ing-of-NoRdNdd

I'm avoiding cutting mine for that reason also. I know my JKU will make the 35s look small.

I say only do it if you are rubbing and if your not I wouldn't touch them. Your pretty high the way it is. I cut mine because I was rubbing.

I ran 35's on 3.5" of lift and I Putin cut fenders before I upgraded to 37's. It looked crazy tall with cut fenders and 35's. With the 37's it looks perfect now. I'd say don't cut unless you're gonna drop to a 2 or 2.5" lift

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast