Finally.... A forum that isn't filled with pricks / Southwest PA

JKLifestyle

Hey everyone,

Name's Craig, I am from southwestern PA. 8 year jeep owner, Third time I have owned a Wrangler, I love working and learning about them. I've been through all of the jeep forums (as I'm sure we all have) and I like the way everyone seems to interact with each other on this one. Before this, I followed JKowners, that place is like a day in high school. Every thread turns into a personal attack on someone who is just trying to gain knowledge. Myself included. About a year ago I was recovering from a street bike accident and had had about all the laying around doing physical therapy I could handle. So, I decided I wanted to up the anti on my jeep. At the time I had seen plenty of guys who were rocking 6 inch lifts.... I decided I wanted to go bigger and make it functional. So I started ordering and piecing together a solid lift that would take me above 6 inches. I was able to come up with a solid lift that came to grand total of 8 1/2 inches of lift, while making it ride right, and handle well on road and off. All while being gimped up with a broken femur. So needles to say I was excited, and couldn't wait to tell the guys on JKO about it. It turned into a bash session and a personal witch hunt (as I should have expected). Long story short (this got a little long winded) I'm here to learn and offer any advice that I can to those that are learning or those who just genuinely enjoy working on, building and driving their jeeps. From the serious off-roader, to the mall crawlers, to the guys building their first rig. Don't come at me with smug comments and attitude, I'm too old for that and have neither the time nor the energy to entertain your BS drama. So I hope to get to know everyone and see what tricks everyone has up their sleeves, Thanks.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Name's Craig, I am from southwestern PA. 8 year jeep owner, Third time I have owned a Wrangler, I love working and learning about them. I've been through all of the jeep forums (as I'm sure we all have) and I like the way everyone seems to interact with each other on this one. Before this, I followed JKowners, that place is like a day in high school. Every thread turns into a personal attack on someone who is just trying to gain knowledge. Myself included. About a year ago I was recovering from a street bike accident and had had about all the laying around doing physical therapy I could handle. So, I decided I wanted to up the anti on my jeep. At the time I had seen plenty of guys who were rocking 6 inch lifts.... I decided I wanted to go bigger and make it functional. So I started ordering and piecing together a solid lift that would take me above 6 inches. I was able to come up with a solid lift that came to grand total of 8 1/2 inches of lift, while making it ride right, and handle well on road and off. All while being gimped up with a broken femur. So needles to say I was excited, and couldn't wait to tell the guys on JKO about it. It turned into a bash session and a personal witch hunt (as I should have expected). Long story short (this got a little long winded) I'm here to learn and offer any advice that I can to those that are learning or those who just genuinely enjoy working on, building and driving their jeeps. From the serious off-roader, to the mall crawlers, to the guys building their first rig. Don't come at me with smug comments and attitude, I'm too old for that and have neither the time nor the energy to entertain your BS drama. So I hope to get to know everyone and see what tricks everyone has up their sleeves, Thanks.

Welcome to WAYALIFE, it's good to have you here.

That being said, I won't lie, 8" of lift sounds crazy tall - like something you would have seen back in the 80's and I'd be the first to tell you as much. But, I will also be the first to say to each their own and that's just my opinion. I hope see more pics of your Jeep and I hope you enjoy your time here.

Top Bottom