Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1218

Thread: The build/re-build of Gruff

You may want to flip the bolt on the axle end of the ram mount. Also look for the low profile ny-lock nut for it at Fastenal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Not sure about the Reids, but the Rancho knuckles don’t raise the drag link higher than the normal flipped position. The tie rod is raised, but not the drag link.

Correct - the DL mount is in the stock location. I had 2 issues going on - the raised tie rod location along with the increased diameter was now causing the clearance issue with the ram mount on it hitting the diff cover. The larger dia of the drag link caused it to contact the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    You may want to flip the bolt on the axle end of the ram mount. Also look for the low profile ny-lock nut for it at Fastenal.

Yeah, those are pretty big nuts. Good idea on the flip too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Since the EVO carrier pretty much blocks up the entire rear view, I've been looking for a wireless backup camera for some time. I found one last fall at the Quarter Horse Congress show in Columbus. Finally got it mounted up. Cool thing about this one is that I can view it either on my iPad in the dash, or my phone at any time I want, not just when backing up. I tested it out over the Winter and it works really well.

Attachment 325453
    That’s a cool idea with the wireless camera, hopefully it holds up well.

That’s a nice looking camera! Looks like the perfect solution for your setup!

Driveshafts back from rebuilding and balancing. Wanted to get this done before the trip to Drummond Island. Damn shop sure cut it close....

20190730_201513_resized.jpg

Driveshafts back from rebuilding and balancing. Wanted to get this done before the trip to Drummond Island. Damn shop sure cut it close....

Wow I guess so, throw them in and hit the road

Awesome!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Local shop? Good price? I need to do mine, especially my front
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Wow I guess so, throw them in and hit the road
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Awesome!
    Already in and ready to roll. I'm dyin - wish I was leaving today

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Local shop? Good price? I need to do mine, especially my front
    Yeah, local shop. Total for both was under $300 - $279 or something like that. and that included balancing. I had these guys totally redo the front last year including the Cardan pieces. The famous guys like Adams, Reel, Woods, all
    make good driveshafts sure, but this shit ain't rocket science. Any local shop worth a damn should be able to make shafts just as good as any other. These guys also cut the yoke off of the front shaft and re-welded it back on because he wasn't happy with the run-out on it.

Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast