Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The build/re-build of Gruff

Yeah,sorry, I posted all of the photos consecutively so there was a bunch in a row for background before I started the actual reconstruction. Someone pulled out in front of me from a side road and I t-boned them. Caused the frame to 'diamond'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Yeah,sorry, I posted all of the photos consecutively so there was a bunch in a row for background before I started the actual reconstruction. Someone pulled out in front of me from a side road and I t-boned them. Caused the frame to 'diamond'.
    Man that sucks glad everyone was ok

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    Wow! A new frame. Hope everything works out for you.
    Thank you! I have one last batch to post before everything is current and I start my actual portion of the rebuilding, but the new frame turned out great. They sent it to the paint shop and it looks better than when I bought the thing new. Gonna feel bad sanding it down to weld on the sliders!

Quote Originally Posted by Lance628 View Post
    Man that sucks glad everyone was ok

Thanks! There's a photo in there that shows the other drivers car and how well the smittybilt bumper actually held up. I know they get a bad rap but honestly I was impressed. Having said that I am switching to a different brand because I wanted a different style this time.

Thanks! There's a photo in there that shows the other drivers car and how well the smittybilt bumper actually held up. I know they get a bad rap but honestly I was impressed. Having said that I am switching to a different brand because I wanted a different style this time.
    I have that same front bumper actually I don't think it's bed i like it what tierod are you using I just got a prorock but havnt got it in yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lance628 View Post
    I have that same front bumper actually I don't think it's bed i like it what tierod are you using I just got a prorock but havnt got it in yet
    I used all Synergy stuff. Everything held up perfectly.

I used all Synergy stuff. Everything held up perfectly.
    Thanks how do you like the Reid knuckles

I really like them. I know they aren't really necessary but for what those axles cost I figured I'd go all in & put the damn things on. I got a really great deal from Northridge for the package of the front & rear axles so that helped with the decision.

I really like them. I know they aren't really necessary but for what those axles cost I figured I'd go all in & put the damn things on. I got a really great deal from Northridge for the package of the front & rear axles so that helped with the decision.
    How much did your rear cost if you don't mind me asking

57.jpgSo this is the last of the dealer reconstruction photos. Everything is getting buttoned up.

Here you can see how far back the passenger side f the frame was pushed back

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

56.jpg

So thats it. I actually got the Jeep back this past Thursday and now the real fun begins. I have some goodies I've been accumulating while the Jeep has been at the dealership. Stay tuned...

Page 2 of 146 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast