Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The build/re-build of Gruff

-
    It was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you yesterday. I'm still in amazement that they replaced the frame and didn't total the Jeep. This said, I'm happy its working out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance628 View Post
    How much did your rear cost if you don't mind me asking
    just got back from road trip - I will dig my invoice out and give you the specs & costs....

Quote Originally Posted by jnabird333 View Post
    It was a pleasure meeting and speaking with you yesterday. I'm still in amazement that they replaced the frame and didn't total the Jeep. This said, I'm happy its working out for you.
    Back at ya! Hope you didn't drink too much, although it sure got cold enough to imbibe!

The bill to the insurance co was right at $10k. Labor alone was $4K. Figure that I only had 16k miles on the Jeep so with these holding their values as well as they do it it just wasn't worth totaling it. Also, very importantly, there was no body panel replacement. They repainted the grille & pass fender, thats all. They did replace the bumper and winch. If these were unibodies, woulda been totaled hands down.

Home at last!

Finally done! Dealership got him all detailed up and ready to go to the mall.
    That's the shiniest those tires will ever be!
    Now I get to install all of the new parts I've been accumulating for the past 6 weeks.

7D_10417.jpg

7D_10415.jpg

New parts!

First up is the new bumper. Full Metal Fabworks Apex Pinnacle and a set of JW Speaker fogs. Too bad Truck-Lite hasn't come out with a fog yet.

First remove Smittybilt SRC bumper the dealership replaced after the wreck.

Bumper 1.jpg

Bumper 2.jpg

Relocated vacuum pump with bracket from FMF. Similar to the Teraflex bracket. Not sure I am going to leave this here. Going back and forth on where to mount my compressor. Where this is or under the passenger seat....

Bumper 4.jpg

Had to cut small ear off of the pump mounting bracket.

Bumper 3.jpg

All painted up. Used paint from SEM - Trim Black. We'll see how it holds up this winter

bump1.jpg

New Jdubs

bump2.jpg

Nice craftsmanship

bump3.jpg

Finished!
    Bumper 5.jpg

Sorry about the accident. Glad no one was injured. "Gruff" 2.0 is lookin' great.
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Sorry about the accident. Glad no one was injured. "Gruff" 2.0 is lookin' great.
    Thanks and yeah, the poor kid was really shook up. Pretty scary stuff when you're only 16-17. We both walked away with no injuries except a scratch.

Gruff is looking good! New bumper looks ten times better
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Gruff is looking good! New bumper looks ten times better
    Thanks! Yeah, I really like this style a lot better. Got a pile of EVO stuff and my compressor to install still. Gotta hurry- our painting season is just about over.
    (LOL -know anyone that wants to buy a bumper?)

Time for the EVO stuff

Figured I better freshen up everything since I was adding so many new trim parts. First up was my Poison Spyder rear bumper.
    Ever tried to remove Plastikote Truck Bed Liner from anything? What a pain in the rear. Finally ended up using a wire cup on my angle grinder.

evo 0.jpg

Prime & paint the EVO stuff

evo 1.jpg

evo 2.jpg

evo 5.jpg

Grrrrrr! Amateur!

evo 6.jpg

evo 7.jpg

Install has to wait til next week. Leaving for College visits today.

Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast