MetalCloak Fender and fender lining

Helipilot2

Alright guys I need some help, I have never been so let down with a part before. I ordered CJ5 fender flares and lining from MetalCloak, took them long than the 2-3 weeks to get here, no big deal I can wait. I have everything pulled apart before they arrive for quick easy install. I start to install and find out they won't fit with long tube headers so I remove them and order OE replacement manifolds. I continue install and find the lining hits my steering column, doesn't clear my shock mounts, and when the clutch is pushed in it hits the fender lining preventing full travel. Needless to say I am not very happy with their product which is disappointing to say the least since I have heard good things. Any suggestions guys?

Helipilot2

Alright I talked to Will this morning on and off. They knew all about the mechanical clutch linkage not fitting properly. They only tested the liners with jeeps equipped with power steering, none with manual so that's why it won't clear the steering column.

The solution:
1: return it all with no issues
2: notch out the clutch linkage and steering column

I told him I would like to keep them and can handle notching the sheet metal but the fact they knew all about it not fitting properly is BS and I would like to know what they can do as compensation. He is now getting ahold of the owner and calling me back.

Helipilot2

Alright the verdict is in, I will be getting a full refund on the fender flares and linings. Very happy with their response, they have also updated their website to show modifications are required for specific configurations.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Alright the verdict is in, I will be getting a full refund on the fender flares and linings. Very happy with their response, they have also updated their website to show modifications are required for specific configurations.

Oh yeah, great customer service when their shit breaks or doesn't fit as expected.

Top Bottom