Trucklite or JW Speaker 8700 HEadlight replacements...

jorgelrod

Hooked
Which is the better light? I'm leaning towards the JW on looks but would like to hear from people who own either...

Lance628

I think it's kinda personal preference there both great lights some guys say the truck lights have an x pattern I run the jw speakers so I don't know much about it

As mentioned, they are both great lights. My wife has TruckLites and we have a good friend with Speakers. We personally couldn't justify the added cost of the Speakers but in our opinion they have a much better light output and pattern. We do have the "X" that was mentioned. My wife has grown used to it as it is in her DD. But when I drive the Jeep in the dark it drives me crazy. Still, if I were to buy again... it would likely be TruckLites.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I'm looking at the Northridge Packages and see that the JW are $700 vs $400 for the trucklites I saw the JW on Amazon at $275 so am I to infer that the Trucklites are sold as a set and the JW as individuals for the $275 and that is why they are $700?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'm going to order the Quadratec LED headlights after reading a review from someone who bought and tried all 3 brands.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm looking at the Northridge Packages and see that the JW are $700 vs $400 for the trucklites I saw the JW on Amazon at $275 so am I to infer that the Trucklites are sold as a set and the JW as individuals for the $275 and that is why they are $700?

Those are probably not JWs if they are $275....

Havoc40

I went with the new J series headlights and fogs from JW Speaker. They're pricey, but I couldn't be happier with them. My main reason to buy these was just to be slightly different than all the Jeeps around here. Everyone runs TL or HID's.

MA2LA

What about the KC led kit. It's not the cheeper option but heck a 23 yr warenty is kinda attractive. I'm trying to decide aswell since my wife hate the lights on the jk after coming from her ,azda that had HID projectors

What about the KC led kit. It's not the cheeper option but heck a 23 yr warenty is kinda attractive. I'm trying to decide aswell since my wife hate the lights on the jk after coming from her ,azda that had HID projectors

I can't speak for the headlights but I just put KC fog lights on the wife's Jeep and they are have a warmer color LED light output. Otherwise they seem good and are definitely brighter than the stock ones.

Suprchrgd_rubi

I run TL on my jk they are the heated version that's what sold me and they are cheaper? There is an x pattern and truck lites and they are a reflective light compared to jw which is not. Though about selling the TL but honestly they are way better than stock and I like that they are heated for winter, jw are so $$$$, bought mine form northridge with anti flicker module

ali@home

I just picked up a set of JW. They are awesome, I was debating about the TL for a bit but I paid a bit more mostly for the looks. They both seem like a quality product but I love my JW Speakers so far. Either way you will be much better off than stock lol

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

The JW Evolution lights put out more better useable light then the newer Trucklites and have much better connectors. JW has the newer Evolution J lights which have more light with a wider pattern, built in PWM, and factory style connector eliminating the need for an adapter. I was just poking around actually and found them for $600 for the pair...at least a couple of our sponsored vendors might be willing to compete with that price also.

Suprchrgd_rubi

I just message northridge4x4 about returning my TL in credit towards jw evo j, I do not like the x pattern, unfortunately they said no returns on electrical items, I was going to get the headlights and driving lights, any suggestions?

plext0r

I went with the new J series headlights and fogs from JW Speaker. They're pricey, but I couldn't be happier with them. My main reason to buy these was just to be slightly different than all the Jeeps around here. Everyone runs TL or HID's.

Are there HID's for the JKU that are cost-competitive (less than Truck Lite LEDs)? I really miss HID's when driving my son's Jeep. Even my 99 Acura had stock HIDs and driving without them at highway speeds is difficult.

IgnitedSoul

I had the TLs for 8-9 months and while they are significantly better than stock, I couldn't get used to the V artifacts (if you are seeing a X or a W your lights are probably cross-eyed like mine were before I added adjustment screws) and I grew to hate those Vs. I went with the JWS 8700 J and wouldn't go back to the TLs. I'm hearing good things about the KC HiLites too, but if they are selling anywhere near list I'd go JWS. The light output from the projectors is excellent and they make some nice DRLs too set to high beam.

rob_p

I was thinking heated TLs especially as winter is around the corner, is this the one area, other than price, where TLs win out over JW, or is it a non issue with the Speakers?

Havoc40

Are there HID's for the JKU that are cost-competitive (less than Truck Lite LEDs)? I really miss HID's when driving my son's Jeep. Even my 99 Acura had stock HIDs and driving without them at highway speeds is difficult.

You'll be hard pressed to be able to find quality HID kits, with housings, for less than Truck Lite LED's. Well, for something that's reliable anyway. I thought about going that route and about the best you're going to do is around $500. Retrofit Source runs specials from time to time and you can get them for a little over $400 but, you'll have to seal the housing yourself.

Sorry for the blurry pic. This should give an idea of how the JWS J-Series look, in comparison to the halogen equipped vehicle ahead of me.

20151017_224227.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom