Sway bar quick disconnects

Jeepster nOOb

Over the Teraflex, even? Is it not a hassle to stow your JKS sway bars than attach it to the mount like on the TF?

Maybe the TF sway doesn't stay in the mounted position very well?

USMC Wrangler

Just received my JKS discos today. I had the TF discos and the threaded pin sheared off while driving on pavement, on one side. I bought them used so not a big loss, but lesson learned. I'm happy to store my JKS as long they don't fail like my previous set.

Jeepster nOOb

Just received my JKS discos today. I had the TF discos and the threaded pin sheared off while driving on pavement, on one side. I bought them used so not a big loss, but lesson learned. I'm happy to store my JKS as long they don't fail like my previous set.

Thanks for the input. Are the pretty easy to take on and off? Like it isn't annoying?

Dyerjk

You'll really like the JKS. I've had them for two years now and they work great. Just make sure you're on level ground when connecting or disconnecting. One of my best and least expensive additions to my Jeep.

USMC Wrangler

Thanks for the input. Are the pretty easy to take on and off? Like it isn't annoying?

Well, just got them and will install tomorrow, so I can't really say yet. As the others had posted, they sound great and is the reason I decided to pony up for them. Also the adjustability is nice should I change lifts down the road. (Unless I hit the lottery or that rich uncle from India that died and left me a fortune is real, I won't likely change the lift I have.)

Petzl88

My buddy has the Teraflex ones. It was impossible to remove the passenger side disconnect a couple of weeks ago in Moab, on level ground. I ended up just unbolting the pin. My other buddy with the JKS ones was disconnected in about 3 minutes. Get the JKS.

NAUJK

Just going to throw in my 2cents. I had the TF ones.... hated them stupid useless pos.... the pin bolts were to big to fit in the bushing of the disconnect I had to grind them smaller so they actually fit when I say they were too big they were WAY to big. Barely able to hit it in with a hammer. They never worked right either. The place of the storage pin when they disconnect in their instructions was to far way for the link to swing up or of the way and connect to... had to zip tie and bungie cord them up.

I stay away from everything teraflex. Expensive. .... cheap Chinese crap....

aro

My buddy has the Teraflex ones. It was impossible to remove the passenger side disconnect a couple of weeks ago in Moab, on level ground.

Two words. Rubber mallet :) I always have one with me. I disconnect in 15 seconds.

Petzl88

Two words. Rubber mallet :) I always have one with me. I disconnect in 15 seconds.

Yea, he went to Ace hardwear and picked on up. I'm still for the JKS disconnects. Or at least Teraflex should include a rubber mallet with the kit!

rsmwrangler

I have the TF ones, only thing needed is a long screwdriver to get them in/out, takes me 20 sec to disconnect and get the links to their rest position.

Top Bottom