Jeep not level after lift install

bowtech50

After installing lift I noticed the jeep is not level across the back. I measured and it is 3/4" lower on the passenger side, is this common? It is a 3.5" AEV lift and I have 2000 miles on it since the install. I double checked everything today and also re-torqued all the bolts. Posted this in a few forums and some say it is because the gas tank is on that side? Any advice would be welcome.

Galo

I have no knowledge of AEV, but I do know some springs have a left and right (( OME ? ) I think). Assuming the frame is straight and true, axles are not bent, etc. I would research the springs for proper placement.

Just my thoughts.

Have a Jeep day.

G.

jims68

Every time I fill the tank and leave the garage door open this happens! My fix was keep the garage door closed or open when under half a tank! Seriously, do what Overlander suggested. When you are in it or have passengers and have a softer setup this is a drawback if it bothers you.

BitBucket

My jeep is 3/4 inch lower on passenger side after lift, I worried at first but everyone says "normal". Followed a jeep today, it was lifted and lower on the passenger side as well. Seems normal to me but if it bothered me I would go with Overlanders suggestion.

TLC Offroad

Mine does the same thing and as my tank gets lower on gas it comes back some what level. At first I was like what the heck is going on but I figured it was because of the gas tank on that side.

Top Bottom