Coils and other for my upgrade

amerikancheg

Hi All,
I have 2012 4 door sport with 3 inch ultimate Full Traction short arm lift, full traction coils, running on 35s, 4.56 gears, LOD front + winch, Expedition One back, LOD rails. It was my DD but now I’m thinking to keep it for fun trips. I’m in North Cal and most of my trips are outlanding, camping and some crawling.
Recently I got in an accident and cracked front right axle housing, which was OEM. Now I thinking to bump it up to Dyna 44. So far I’m looking at:
Dyna 44 open carrier
Synergy ball joints
OEM yoke
RCV shafts
REID racing steering
Fox 2.0
Teraflex tie rod/drag link kit with ball joints
Teraflex or EVO plush coils ?

Giving setup above I have a questions about coils. I heard that teraflex coils are really stiff and that makes me think about long road trips and comfort of the ride, but on the other hand I don’t want to end up sitting too low or sagging when fully loaded with family and gear.
Is there something in between? Should I stay with teraflex or EVO is not that bad?

P.S. comments about other parts are welcome

JakeJK

Hi All,
I have 2012 4 door sport with 3 inch ultimate Full Traction short arm lift, full traction coils, running on 35s, 4.56 gears, LOD front + winch, Expedition One back, LOD rails. It was my DD but now I’m thinking to keep it for fun trips. I’m in North Cal and most of my trips are outlanding, camping and some crawling.
Recently I got in an accident and cracked front right axle housing, which was OEM. Now I thinking to bump it up to Dyna 44. So far I’m looking at:
Dyna 44 open carrier
Synergy ball joints
OEM yoke
RCV shafts
REID racing steering
Fox 2.0

Giving setup above I have a questions about coils. I heard that teraflex coils are really stiff and that makes me think about long road trips and comfort of the ride, but on the other hand I don’t want to end up sitting too low or sagging when fully loaded with family and gear.
Is there something in between? Should I stay with teraflex or EVO is not that bad?

Evo undoubtedly. There is no comparison between the two I run rock krawler and they are stiff but I'd say a little softer than the teraflex, RK in my opinion didn't change much from stock but I've heard only great things about the evo plush rides. Not so much about teraflex

I'd venture to say Rock Krawler would be a good choice for you considering they have triple rate coils and will hold your bumpers up well, my 2.5 inch coils netted me well over their advertised height with stock bumpers

Also I'd go ahead and dish out the extra money for the evo drag link flip kit, once again heard nothing but great things from their products

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Hi All,
Dyna 44 open carrier
Synergy ball joints
OEM yoke
RCV shafts
REID racing steering
Fox 2.0

As you have already mentioned, Teraflex coils are extremely stiff. Some folks like that sort of ride. EVO Plush Ride coils are pretty soft riding, which others like. Really depends on the type of ride you are looking for. In my opinion the two coils you listed are on the extreme opposite ends of the spectrum.
I currently run JKS JSPEC coils, which ride very close to stock coils as far as comfort. Their 2" lift netted me 3.25" of actual lift on a 4 door. The normal for me is 6 people inside (have a rear jump seat) and all of the stuff that goes along with kids and a teenager. I have also towed quite a bit with it. Sag has not been an issue.
If I were you I would figure out what type of ride is comfortable for you first. Then folks may be able to offer more sound advice/suggestions. Depending on how many people and how much gear you carry, the same coil can handle differently.

Top Bottom