Running 3 Car Seats in a JKU

crowrb29

I have two kiddos 5 and 3 and just found out we have another one on the way. From what I've red it's possible to fit 3 seats in the back, it's just a bit tight. I'm wondering what some of you have been doing as far as seats. If it makes any difference I suppose my two older kids would both be in boosters by the time the little one is old enough to play offroad.

WJCO

Meme King
We run em in our WJ (3 of them). I'm sure it's similar to the JK. Very tight. We've messed with it every way possible. The thing that sucks is our 4 year old can buckle herself in the van, but in the Jeep she can't because the carseats touch each other and she can't get to the buckle. The real trick is to keep your floor boards clean of stuff because chances are your wife will have to actually climb in to buckle the middle guy/gal. I just stand on the rock slider or rocker trim, but my wife swears she has to get in to buckle the middle child. There's no easy way about it no matter how you do it, the hardest part is buckling the middle kid, but you get used to it. Luckily we don't use the Jeep much on the streets, so car seats stay in the van most of the time. And as far as wheeling with a baby. Easy trails only. We tried one moderate trail, and even tiny bumps just pissed him off and made all of our rides less enjoyable.

And as far as brands, we have 3 different ones and I don't remember the models. Cheaper ones from Walmart though. 2 are fairly large/wide.

crowrb29

We run em in our WJ (3 of them). I'm sure it's similar to the JK. Very tight. We've messed with it every way possible. The thing that sucks is our 4 year old can buckle herself in the van, but in the Jeep she can't because the carseats touch each other and she can't get to the buckle. The real trick is to keep your floor boards clean of stuff because chances are your wife will have to actually climb in to buckle the middle guy/gal. I just stand on the rock slider or rocker trim, but my wife swears she has to get in to buckle the middle child. There's no easy way about it no matter how you do it, the hardest part is buckling the middle kid, but you get used to it. Luckily we don't use the Jeep much on the streets, so car seats stay in the van most of the time. And as far as wheeling with a baby. Easy trails only. We tried one moderate trail, and even tiny bumps just pissed him off and made all of our rides less enjoyable.

And as far as brands, we have 3 different ones and I don't remember the models. Cheaper ones from Walmart though. 2 are fairly large/wide.

Yeah we definitely won't be doing anything too crazy for a while. I'll probably just take my oldest if I hit any real trails. Thankfully my wife has a Durango as her DD so that works great for the kids and all their logistical needs.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I have two kiddos 5 and 3 and just found out we have another one on the way. From what I've red it's possible to fit 3 seats in the back, it's just a bit tight. I'm wondering what some of you have been doing as far as seats. If it makes any difference I suppose my two older kids would both be in boosters by the time the little one is old enough to play offroad.

Congrats on the growing family! Secondly, I looked into this a lot. There was a time period where we thought we were having a third as well. We planed on getting two Baby Trend hybrid XLs, keeping our current Infant Car seat carrier and putting it in the middle. This way we could keep the infant in safest area and we wouldn't have to worry about buckling the child in the middle. (at least for a little while lol)

Where a condom. Lol

That's no fun. :grayno:

crowrb29

Lol :cheesy:

Be sure to post how you like your new mini van. :bleh:

We got a Durango so that fits three plus all their crap pretty well for hauling them around daily.....i hate the thing but my wife loves it. It had 22's when we bought it too:doh::Disappointed: got a great deal since it was from a family member though

Top Bottom