Steering issues after ball joints

JK2DR

When i welded on my c gussetts and lca skids i replaced my ball joints after. Ever since then the steering is horrible. Ive checked the alignment a few times and its in spec. The jeep constantly wants to turn right or left. Anyone have this issue before?

Slowpony46

Would you say it seems like it won't automatically center after a slight turn or lane change? I've had king pins on heavy trucks do this when they are set up too tight, it is scary if bad enough. If you jack up the front does it seem like it is very difficult to turn the wheel? If the cause is tight ball joints it may loosen up after a while.

JK2DR

Would you say it seems like it won't automatically center after a slight turn or lane change? I've had king pins on heavy trucks do this when they are set up too tight, it is scary if bad enough. If you jack up the front does it seem like it is very difficult to turn the wheel? If the cause is tight ball joints it may loosen up after a while.

No i wouldnt say that. Its more like im driving straight and itll just randomly want to turn. Its pretty scary driving it right now.

JK2DR

I just installed the evo enforcer last night, while i was doing that i went back through and made sure everything was torqed down. I was hoping the control arms would fix it, but no luck

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
When i welded on my c gussetts and lca skids i replaced my ball joints after. Ever since then the steering is horrible. Ive checked the alignment a few times and its in spec. The jeep constantly wants to turn right or left. Anyone have this issue before?

Normal to have flightly steering....it will go away in about 500 miles, faster if you make a lot of 90 degree turns....slower if you drive mostly highway.

JK2DR

drove about 250 miles today and it didn't get any better. looked underneath while my girlfriend turned the wheel back and forth and looks like my drag link ends have some play

Top Bottom