Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Average TJ Build

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar

Cool Project: 'It's just a TJ, keep scrolling'

Here's my quick build up of my daily driver.

How I bought it
    image_zpsyudol2si.jpeg

Was not okay with the stock light output in any way so first thing it got was a nice set of PIAA plasma ion fog lights
    image_zpsr11f45dz.jpeg

It's first real trip through the snowy woods
    { Pic lost }

And it's first real carnage.
    { Pic lost }

Exhaust came loose, dragged down and wrapped around the axle. Whoopsie.
    C8D4B33C-3359-43B9-9128-E7ED4168432C_zpsgpyioy3i.jpg
    Last edited by Snboarder113; 07-25-2017 at 05:28 AM.

It didn't have any reliable rear recovery points so I went and visited these guys
    879FA80C-D028-49F1-9A71-5BB3EEAD97FA_zpsfkuwyurb.jpg

And got they're DIY weld yourself bumper kit.
    9AA1AA13-C59A-4F3E-8D15-A1138CA9CE19_zpsfcszbmwo.jpg

Bedlined and installed
    7E07A5E2-2DAA-49EB-8524-341E2EBFA4A8_zpsi35bhzab.jpg
    Last edited by Snboarder113; 07-25-2017 at 05:32 AM.

Found a deal I couldn't pass up and added a Badlands 12,000 lb winch. It's no warn, but it's never let me down and I've put it through its paces over the last two years.

After that it stayed pretty much the same through winter until spring when I noticed its rust issues became extreme problems very quickly. Which brings us to the "build" section of this

You can see the light through the tub in this one. Essentially the driver side floor pans, the bottom of the tub under the door, and some frame section as well.

Last edited by Snboarder113; 09-15-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Once all the welding was done on the patch panels

Started with the tube fenders

Replacement turn signals

And JCR Rock rails/steps as well as a set of 33x13.50 swappers a friend had laying around were test fitted and never removed.

Gotta love the functionality of a 33" footrest.
    Last edited by Snboarder113; 09-15-2017 at 07:05 PM.

And did some finishing work

Had to drive it to to a heated garage space to do the rest so the Bedliner would cure. Looks so cute with a ratchet strap holding it together.

Annnnd bed line

Interior

And for 40 a pair I had to try out these eBay 18w work lights

Welded tabs for those onto the windshield hinges and finished welding the fenders and she's mostly done

Accidentally made a smiley face with the lights. I've had the led's on over a year and never an issue, no leaks and a hell of a lot of light output.
    Last edited by Snboarder113; 09-15-2017 at 07:07 PM.

After having the led cubes for awhile I decided their quality was good enough and I saw no reason to not get their reasonably priced big brother.
    Which brings us to mounts, holy crap the retail market of mounts is ungodly expensive, so instead grabbed some scrap steel laying around and installed a few stainless to nuts into the side of the windshield frame and bent these mounts to fit the bar

And it is hands down the best thing I've ever put on a car ever. Not just for night country driving but I regularly use it as a flashlight while working on anything and everything ands it's awesome

For those of you wondering about the strength of the mount/rivnuts I recently accidentally found a tree and the driver side mount took on an extremely hard hit and also scraped in my door. But no damage to bar or mount held up like a champ.
    As far as light output, hard to see the actual distance this lights up with phone pictures but can definitely see intensity

No lights

Headlights/fogs

Blinders

Found some mud through the snow

Last edited by Snboarder113; 09-15-2017 at 07:12 PM.

The only time this guys left me stranded, towed it all the way home to find a loose ground at the fuel pump. Simple enough

Pickin on the lil kid

By this point I had ran the swamp era bald and cupped and tread falling off, a coworker had some 32s he had laying around that were pretty cracked he let me have with almost new tread, so I decided is give it a try on the stock wheels and worst case scenario they'd blow and I'd swap the swampera back on no big deal

Enjoyed the increase in traction and mpg for a couple weeks til I got a flat and decided that it's not the best idea to drive on cracked open sidewalls.

Found a good deal on some 33 12.50 Baja claws. So far been great, however they make the jeep look tiny in comparison to the swampers, ah well still plenty capable.

Picked up some new recessed work lights for reverse

Was not happy with how the rust oleum paint standard up through winter so repainted the everything that decided to turn rust orange

Also this chalk wasn't the easiest to get off

Last edited by Snboarder113; 09-15-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Its been a fun summer of actually getting to drive it more than fix it so that's how it stayed for awhile. Until now that I need to get it ready for winter duty slowly knocking off the list one by one.
    Which brings us to this weeks fun, brown Santa came with half the order, hopefully the other half shows soon so I can get started.

Last edited by Snboarder113; 09-15-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Been Around the Block LetsGoMuddin's Avatar
    Nice looking TJ! Who makes the lightbar?
    1997 O|||||||O TJ
    Truck- Lite
    Metalcloak
    DynoMax
    33" Duratracs
    My Build: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...-Jeep-TJ-Build

Nice jeep. I love builds like this.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast