$48,000 tow bill......

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Good lord! Talk about getting screwed!! Things like this are also why you don't wheel alone.

I wheel alone all the time. If I take the wife on vacation to Moab, I can't expect others to go on vacation with me. I simply come prepared. If he had service to make a phone call, I probably would have called/posted on some forums for some locals to come and help me rescue my jeep, not some tow company.

thardy

Banned
I wheel alone all the time. If I take the wife on vacation to Moab, I can't expect others to go on vacation with me. I simply come prepared. If he had service to make a phone call, I probably would have called/posted on some forums for some locals to come and help me rescue my jeep, not some tow company.

I can understand that and you're right. I know in my area, there are a LOT of people that go out alone and unprepared.

Warebear

Ha saw that. I just wanna know how to go about making that 1200 an hour. And also how a Cherokee broke its frame?

WJCO

Meme King
48k not too bad according to the "Affordable Tow Act" congress passed last year. He just forgot to have his vehicle prepared for it. Should have done this mod instead of onboard air:

Cash-Lambo.jpg

Duh.

Flynlo

Wow, completely outrageous. Before I read it I assumed a majority of the bill would be a fine for some sort of environmental protection damage but nope, it's all for the tow. 12 hours to recover?! and $1,250 an hour for a supervisor to be on site? I wonder if these are the same prices they charge the state when they respond to highway collisions. I'd be grabbing a lawyer.

KingCopperhead

This is why you don't wheel alone on private property.

As to the price.. I wasn't there so I can't comment on it. Anyone in the towing industry have any insight?

Jtvegas

I remember a raptor getting stuck in a place where jeeps should only go and he got stuck pretty good. 4 jeeps couldn't get him out so a tow company brought some construction machines spent half a day and charged 1500 so that is more realistic.

Scuba465

Guess I'm not venturing Down to Walpole for wheeling, at least in a registered vehicle that's worth anything lol

Top Bottom