JKU Engine Upgrades

mrmet1983

Hi i recently posted about my new jku that ill be putting evo coil overs on im just curious what kind of engine mods you guys have done such as exhaust intake computer chips things along that line.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi i recently posted about my new jku that ill be putting evo coil overs on im just curious what kind of engine mods you guys have done such as exhaust intake computer chips things along that line.

So far as I know, Hypertech is the only company that's got a programmer out for 2012-up 3.6L Pentastar motors and that just came out. Needless to say, I don't think you'll be finding too many people with one yet. We are running an AIRAID cold air intake and Dynomax exhaust and like both but, you've got to know that the performance gains on them are minimal at best with any thing like this unless you run headers as well and, I don't think there's anything really out for a 2012-Up yet. Having said that, I think you will find that your motor is more than peppy as is.

mrmet1983

yea im totally aware of needing headers and what not just curious what you guys were running , i had airraid on my tj and loved it and also had dynomax on the tj so ill probally go with the same on my jku. Now what did you use to correct ur computer for the 40s and did you get a new tranfer case to handle those bad boys

nacho

Give the programmers another year or so. An intake and exhaust is about all the really is out for the 3.6l. Headers will never exist because the exhaust manifold is intergraded to the cylinder head. From what I have read and know about this engine is that it was built and designed with forced induction in mind. So soon I would think we will start seeing turbos and superchargers for them. Dont be surprised to see H.P. numbers in the 400+ range when they do.

Polarbear

Yeah, "manifolds" are machined or casted with the block. Not sure why but I'm sure the aftermarket will be awesome within the next year or two.

Top Bottom