The very slow build of "Oogie Boogie"

Dopey84

Well today is the start of my build not sure what all I will be eventually put on but here is the start:

Evo leveling kit

Spidertrax 1.5 spacers

Jks 0-2" quick disconnects

Dopey84

Ok so I got the leveling kit installed.. However I was looking for torque specs on the lower sway bar links and for the shocks as well (lower).. And should I torque the shocks withe the tires off the ground or on the ground..? I already have everything bolted up but at hand tight.. Any suggestions are appreciated thanks

Dopey84

Yeah I didn't loosen either the control arm or track bar.. Which is probably why it was a pain in the butt... But all in all it's installed just gotta do the final torque and straighten my steering wheel. And my Jks discos got here late so I will install them today

Dopey84

Ok so all in all not bad[emoji41] just did my first test drive and recentered my steering wheel... Thanks for the link for the torque settings USMC Wrangler.. It helped a lot..

Dopey84

The very slow build of "Oogie Boogie"

Installed Evo leveling kit ..

Before.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211040.094818.jpg
After... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211068.707575.jpg

Installed spidertrax 1.5 wheel spacers..

Before.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211210.914085.jpg
After... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211234.692471.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211251.968377.jpg

Also installed Jks 0-2in. Quick disconnects
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211317.944217.jpg

Oh and the wife made me some new vinyls for my hood looking pretty good.. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446211649.744366.jpg

All was pretty straight forward install.. Thanks for the many helpful links on WAL and countless hours of time others have put up on here to help all of us out with our builds.. As time goes on I'll keep you updated with any and all mods.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Looks great!

Question...what angle is your sway bar currently sitting? It looks a little steep like mine was. I have the 2.5" and up JKS links and have them screwed all the way down. My sway bar is at 0* now. I had a funny pull when mine was that steep, but it's way better now.

Dopey84

Looks great!

Question...what angle is your sway bar currently sitting? It looks a little steep like mine was. I have the 2.5" and up JKS links and have them screwed all the way down. My sway bar is at 0* now. I had a funny pull when mine was that steep, but it's way better now.

I think it's the angle of the picture but it's sitting at +1* ... With the links not fully extended out.

Dopey84

I haven't experienced any pull or odd behavior "yet" .. The only thing I've notice is the front sits a lil higher than the rear but I'm assuming after everything settles it will level out better..

USMC Wrangler

Ok, good. I remeasured two days ago and am still at 21" (front shocks), several months after install. I'm not sure the EVO coils settle much. Anyway, like I said, looks great!

How do you like the ride now? I noticed a nice "give" on small paved road bumps but plenty stiff enough off road. (I know ride is very subjective, just curious...)

Dopey84

The ride is a lot better than stock.. And pot holes and train tracks are hardly noticeable... I also installed the spidertrax wheel spacers so bout 50 miles I'll check the torque on them and double check torque on everything I took off ( just for piece of mind) than its offroad time got to test the flex now[emoji41]

Dopey84

Good to know you've experienced the same as I have! :thumb:

Just curious if you had a noticeable lean to the passenger side ...? I'm gonna " try" and find flat ground and double check maybe it's me I don't notice it when I'm driving only when parked... My steering is straight and doesn't pull. And the coils are seated properly in the lower support ... Ugh now to find " flat" ground around here

Dopey84

Ok so found as level ground as I could find... And we're even just the typical rear passenger squat with full tank.. Man this looks so much better and rides hella better just got done checking the torque on everything as well and everything was perfect! Now searching for the right front bumper... Choices choices

USMC Wrangler

If anything, I notice the typical lean less. I'm not sure if I've just gotten used to it, if the EVO kit did anything to correct it or if dumping the rear bumper made it less noticeable.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446342008.967553.jpg

Just chop your factory front bumper for now. I did and love it...for the time being.

Top Bottom