Tire question

Jason12

I'm going to add a 2.5 inch suspension lift to my jku I was thinking of going with 33s on stock rims. Do I need spacers to do this?

USMC Wrangler

I have the 255/80R17 (basically 33x10) and Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers, running the EVO Leveling kit. I didn't rub before the spacers, but added them for the wider stance "look".

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446073287.679555.jpg

1.5" spacers still arent enough for my 35s. The still sometimes rub my lcas and sway bar at full lock. Even after adding washers to my steering stops. I would think youd be ok with 33s

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
I'm running 35s with stock wheels and 1.5 spacers. I have a 2" JKU Old Man Emu Suspension Lift that gave me 3.5" lift on my JK. No problems at all.

Jason12

Do u think 33s will look to small with the lift? I was just considering them because I do a lot of traveling for work. If so any recomendations

Speeddmn

Do u think 33s will look to small with the lift? I was just considering them because I do a lot of traveling for work. If so any recomendations

A 33x12.5 is a short fat tire when you look at it. With a 2.5 inch lift or budget boost I personally think it would look funny. What I'm saying is it's not for me, I know that a 33x10.5 tire would look more normal (not so fat) and fit with out a lift. I like chopped fenders, so that would help clear them easier. Most lifts that say 2 or 3 inches actually raise it more. So I would recommend a cheaper option and that's get the 10.5 wide tires and some 1 inch budget boost spacers. Then when full factory fenders it will look good. This would save you a bunch of cash and not change ride characteristics.

Jason12

Getting a pretty good deal on the lift so I wanna go with the 2.5. How would a 305/70r17 look? Pretty much a 34 inch tire and a little more narrow

Jk909

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446151392.975402.jpg
34x11.5" AT with 3" lift and 1.5" spidertrax just for reference. I wish I had just gone with a true 35.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
1.5" spacers still arent enough for my 35s. The still sometimes rub my lcas and sway bar at full lock. Even after adding washers to my steering stops. I would think youd be ok with 33s

Interesting. I have the same 1.5 inch spacers and 35s and dont believe I have any rub. Wonder if there is enough difference in the rims and the toyos compared to the nittos.

Top Bottom