What's my JKU worth?

Devallee

So I'm coming to a point in life where my Jeep is beginning to be a burden on my finances with upkeep, repairs, gas, etc and for some odd reason I decided to go to grad school, so I'm looking for something more daily commuter friendly. Long story short, I'm thinking of selling my Jeep. Here's the twist... It's 2WD. Yes TWO wheel drive. I got it as a gift from my parents when I was 17 and wasn't gonna say no. Getting to the point....these rare 2WD Jeeps are a little difficult to find so I'm not sure exactly what it's worth. Its a 2009 Unlimited with about 67k miles and it'll be mostly factory when it's ready to sell, besides rocker armor, 35s and a leveling kit. Anybody have a ballpark of what it may sell for?

JakeJK

:eek: for a 2wd 2009!?!? No way. Maybe $15 at most.

18k isn't unreasonable, 18005 is his jeeps KBB assuming he has a hard top and automatic

I paid 21k for a 2010 with 49k miles for a jk with a soft top. It was from a dealer but still

As for trade in value it says fair market trade in is around 15k so if I were gonna do it I would sell it yourself and make a little extra coin

YellowJK

My 08 Rubicon was the same miles pretty much. It had 35's with a BB and it was 19k. 2wd if you can sell it would have to be in the 14-15k range, maybe less.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
18k isn't unreasonable, 18005 is his jeeps KBB assuming he has a hard top and automatic

I paid 21k for a 2010 with 49k miles for a jk with a soft top. It was from a dealer but still

As for trade in value it says fair market trade in is around 15k so if I were gonna do it I would sell it yourself and make a little extra coin

You have a 2D he has a 4D. You have 4WD he has 2WD. You bought from a dealer, he wants to know what it's worth. Not really apples to apples.

JakeJK

You have a 2D he has a 4D. You have 4WD he has 2WD. You bought from a dealer, he wants to know what it's worth. Not really apples to apples.

True, still the rest of what I said answered his question, I mean to reply that to him but forgot to multi-quote

Devallee

Honestly I set my expectations around 10k so these numbers seem ok with me. Maybe I'll throw it out for 15 and see what happens.

And it is a hard top, automatic. Came with 14 miles I'm the solo owner

Devallee

Problem is idk how many people are in the market for a 2WD jeep unless they have the money and just want it for a project so I was kind of thinking of just trading it in and seeing what I'd get

croge17

I'm looking at south east region auction data and with your miles and options you should shoot for at least 17 private party. A dealer would give 15000 all day around here if not more. See attached

Attachments

• 1446093561225.jpg
    1446093561225.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 155

Peak

Perfect for a soccer mom who wants a nice ride. I'm sure you can find the right buyer and get at least 15k

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The rarity of the 2wd JK is certainly not a type of rare that makes it valuable by any means, if that's what you were hinting at in the original post. It will definitely be worth less than the typical 4wd JKU in similar condition.

Devallee

The rarity of the 2wd JK is certainly not a type of rare that makes it valuable by any means, if that's what you were hinting at in the original post. It will definitely be worth less than the typical 4wd JKU in similar condition.

No no no I'm fully aware of the type of rarity haha I know nobody is really in the market for a 2WD jeep. I was just looking for what a ballpark would be before I make any decisions.

I know KBB would give me one price but I thought I'd ask real world people might actually buy it for but like I said I was expecting the absolute worst so if I can pull off anything near 12-15k I'd be ecstatic

Top Bottom