Funny or Strange Jeep Compliments

Conman

This morning I was pumping gas and a guy on the opposite side of the pump told me I had a Pretty Jeep. Uh pretty was not the look I was going for!:grayno: I started thinking to myself on the drive in to work if anybody else has gotten any strange compliments or insultes on the Rig?

To give my guy credit at least he called it a Jeep! :thumb:

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
At the gas station...

"That thing is badass...is it built for the show scene or do you actually take it off road?"

It was covered in dirt/mud at the time. :thinking:

rinkishjk

Ive had a few.... most say thats a sweet car, how much lift does ur car have, do u take it offroad.... I answer them and tell them it is infact a JEEP, and they usually say.... well its a sweet car!

That pretty comment is pretty funny...im not sure what I would say.. probably laugh!

I think to the laymen the jk setup like wol with the super wide track kinda resembles a hummer, but never will be.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I had a kid ask, "Are you a cop"???
HUH??? I guess maybe it looks like something SWAT would use?

kaptkrappy

I parked next to the guy that drives a stock TJ a couple of weeks ago.

He came out and said about my JK "That thing is huge"

My 2" lift, Spidertrax spacers, and stock 32's = Huge ! :cheesy:

Work  Avatar.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think to the laymen the jk setup like wol with the super wide track kinda resembles a hummer, but never will be.

Actually, people were asking us that back in 2007 when Moby was still really small and there weren't too many JK's out and about yet. Now a days, people come up and ask if they can take a pic next to it :D

FuriousDz

I get a lot of that things a beast and have a lot of people ask if they could take pictures of it.

Pretty cool compliments if you ask me

2JeepsThatRun

I had a friends dad ask if I had a V8 when I had the hood open in my driveway.... Needless to say is was a 4cyl, but I took it a complement.

EasyE

One day down near the border some crazy looking guy in a new red pu with a lot of antennas stopped next to me and asked if I was border patrol.. He cussed about the border patrol and sped off..

Most people say... Nice jeep ..

my_jk

While I was pumping gas someone asked me if I have flipped it yet. Theres no body damage on my 2012 yet :thinking:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I was at a gas station airing up post trail, when a gal approached me and told me my Jeep was "hot." Hmmm. Thanks.

Came out of a store to did a guy very closely admiring my Jeep. When he saw me walk up towards it he asked, "is that a custom paint job?" I told him it was factory Rescue Green. Thanks I love the color too :)

Jeep4me2

One day down near the border some crazy looking guy in a new red pu with a lot of antennas stopped next to me and asked if I was border patrol.. He cussed about the border patrol and sped off..

Most people say... Nice jeep ..

What a Jerk. But I get asked that all the time, down in border towns.

bl17z90

I parked next to the guy that drives a stock TJ a couple of weeks ago.

He came out and said about my JK "That thing is huge"

My 2" lift, Spidertrax spacers, and stock 32's = Huge ! :cheesy:

View attachment 9038

Compared to a stock TJ hell yeah its a beast

My neighbor was telling me how nice mine was and I told him that our other neighbor's rubicon unlimited was nicer and he said no way, yours is way better, that 4 door can't do anything.

If he only knew :yup:

serielle

This morning I was pumping gas and a guy on the opposite side of the pump told me I had a Pretty Jeep. Uh pretty was not the look I was going for!:grayno: I started thinking to myself on the drive in to work if anybody else has gotten any strange compliments or insultes on the Rig?

To give my guy credit at least he called it a Jeep! :thumb:

I refer to my Jeep as Pretty all the time. I think it's beautiful, with or without mud!;)

White_JKU

Great thread idea!

Ive had countless comments about mine, my favorite was from a biker I parked next to at at convenience store. I could see him eyeballing my tires and what he could see of the undercarriage. I come outside and give him a nod. He nods back and says, "what a waste..... jeeps are made for offroading."... i look at him in shock... I say," yeah I take it on the trails as much as possible, in fact I just came back from Morris Mountain." He looked at me with an eat Shi* look and says, "sure don't look like you do, its too pretty."

People are just never satisfied! LOL

htweelz

Mine is still stock but I still get comments because of the bright blue. Lots of people love the blue. I do get the cute or pretty comments a lot. I don't mind it because it is usually a cute girl telling me that. The first day I owned it a female friend I have known forever said oh it's so cute...I mean manly it is sooo manly. I just laughed and said I don't care. It is a cute Jeep.

More than comment I get a lot of questions just asking about what is it like to own a Jeep. They tell me they see tons of them on the road and are wondering what all they hype is about. I tell them that I love it and there is nothing quite like throwing the top back on a nice day or taking the doors off. I tell them every time I drive it I feel like I'm going on an adventure.

Now my wife has a Gecko green one and yeah it turns heads everywhere we go. Some to look at it and some to look away because it is so damn bright! :bleh:

Shaved Ice

I get a lot of compliments from kids and college age people since I have the MW3 package. I think most of them are surprised to see my 42 year old a$$ sitting in the driver's seat.

Top Bottom