Rubicon locker keeps blowing fuses

Gitzen

I just installed a rubi d44 in my sport and I wired it up and anytime I go to engage the locker my fuse blows. I have it wired as locker switch to 8, status indicator to 3, ground to 7 and 2-6 jumpered together going to my fuse which is 15 amps. My other wires from the locker and indicator are grounded as well. Any help is appreciated.

jedg

According to that photo in the wiring diagram, 3 and 7 are reversed.

Really doesn't matter. You are making a circuit regardless. The difference being what part of the OTRATTW switch lights up when you flip it and which part lights up when for the status change.

Gitzen

That's the thread I followed except I used a different wiring diagram then on the first page, are the locker wires polarity specific ? If they are then I'd assume that's more than likely my problem.

jedg

That's the thread I followed except I used a different wiring diagram then on the first page, are the locker wires polarity specific ? If they are then I'd assume that's more than likely my problem.

No polarity. You've got something shorted.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Why are those so freaking expensive[/QUOTE

Good quality. Pretty much considered the gold standard. I use them all the time at work. For tinkering on the jeep you can get away with using one that you get from Lowes or Home Depot, the flukes really shine where you need the precision & reliability.

Top Bottom